250 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
simnor says

I like to see people comments on my themes, however this requires me going to every single theme that I put on ThemeForest to see if anyone has added any new comments, this is easy if you have a couple of themes on ThemeForest, I now have 4 and am finding it harder and harder to go to each template and check for new comments and I have plans to put more templates on ThemeForest over the next weeks.

What I think would be a good idea is if we could get notified of new comments or in our portfolio or something have a theme count or show the latest comment so I can see if I have any new comments.

Just a suggestion, anyone else agree or disagree on this?

352 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+6 more
danharper says

Yeah, I second this. Also, perhaps email notification if someone purchases a theme?

250 posts
+3 more
simnor says

Yeah thats a good point.

1437 posts
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Member of the Envato Team
+12 more
kailoon Envato team says

agreed.

25 posts
flash-day says

you could use the feed for new comments only for your items, with that you can clearly see if have a new comment for some item or not. no need to enter each page!! of course.

i think is not implemented yet, but on flashden works, so here will too.

anyway i think an email notification would be great!

250 posts
+3 more
simnor says

Ah yeah, never noticed that, on my Firefox Live Bookmarks thing it found it when I went onto my profile: http://themeforest.net/feeds/user_item_comments/simnor.atom, but when you try to access it it takes you to the login page so hopefully this will be sorted on release.

25 posts
flash-day says

exactly!!! but this not solve the problem if you have to respond to a big amount of comments… once you have a lot of items uploaded… jeje!!

4909 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Member of the Envato Team
+9 more
MarkBrodhuber Envato team says

Checking for comments can get tedious as your profile grows…which is why the RSS was such a lifesaver. I wish I found it earlier. Not sure about its working status on TF, but if its not working yet, I’m sure it will soon.

Its nice because I use Gmail…and when you have an account you can use iGoogle, which allows you to customize the way google looks. I currently have nothing but two widgets on google, 1 is a preview of my gmail account and the other is a RSS reader with my comments feeding into it. I have google set to my homepage, so whenever I open my browser, my comments/email will be the first thing I see.

11 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
mozami says

Feed seems to be working but you have to substitute flashden in the url instead of themeforest. This may be a bug that still needs to be fixed. So simmor, your feed url would be http://activeden.net/feeds/user_item_comments/simnor.atom

250 posts
+3 more
simnor says

Thanks mozami , that worked perfectly

by
by
by
by