263 posts
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • United States
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
SkyProductions says

...I really think they help with sales so don’t hesitate to comment on something you like of someone elses.

A customer sees a comment and it just reaffirms what they are already thinking about the track. They feel better about it and buy it.

-Sky

811 posts
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
+2 more
PhilLarson says

...I really think they help with sales so don’t hesitate to comment on something you like of someone elses.

A customer sees a comment and it just reaffirms what they are already thinking about the track. They feel better about it and buy it.

-Sky

+1 Truth. And it also encourages healthy community. A healthy marketplace is a happy marketplace. :D

835 posts
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Canada
gbiasillo says

I totally agree. I try and make the effort to comment on any track I find that grabs my attention.

Romosel-Exclusive
Romosel-Exclusive Recent Posts Threads Started
361 posts
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Russian Federation
  • Exclusive Author
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Referred between 1000 and 1999 users
+2 more
Romosel-Exclusive says

-Sky

yea and nay

When the comments from buyers – yes

When the comments from authors – no

835 posts
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Canada
gbiasillo says

From my own experience, I’d agree that author comments don’t seem to improve sales. My features song has over 10 such comment and zero extra sales over the past four weeks. However, it’s still great to hear positive feedback from our fellow peers and, as Phil rightly said, builds a strong and happy community. Technically, we’re all competitors here but I see us as being like minded talented individuals seeking the same goals, and as such should help each other in whatever way we can to help each other climb the imaginary ladder.

62 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Germany
berlinsound says

I agree with romosel and also with Gari. Some nice comments could be helpful – items seem to have some importance to someone – althought it might not directly lead to further sales. But hey: Not only commenting helps – also a good rating is much appreciated. :) I very much like the community here. Have a nice weekend and stay happy. Steven

Edit: Oh I see – rating only possible for buyers – right?

SimpleProductions
SimpleProductions Recent Posts Threads Started
54 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • United States
SimpleProductions says

I think verbal support from other envato members is a great confidence booster, but i’m not sure if it matters at all in terms of sales. It would also be a little hard to make that correlation without some sort of metric. Your track is going to sell if it has the aesthetic a project needs. Someone else’s opinion probably won’t sway a person either way if he/she likes the track and it fits the project. I find the comments are much more helpful in things wordpress themes, for example, where user experience is more varied.

606 posts
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Germany
Basspartout says

I’m always happy to find a nice comment of you fellow authors on my items and even if it may or may not convince customers, I think it gives the marketplace a really nice vibe and makes it a friendly place.
I see that it’s very common over on videohive that fellow authors comment on items. Especially for new authors, it’s very encouraging. I remember, I had just joined and my first item got approved and TimMcMorris was the first to comment on it and It made me really proud when I found out that he was one of the top selling authors here :)

by
by
by
by
by
by