215 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • United Kingdom
Ziyad says

I’ve just waited for 3 days to get my File reviewed and I got this response

“Sorry, the link to the “Admin Panel” on your file does not work. It looks like you are not linking to your admin SWF file. Please ensure the files you upload are fully working to avoid any delays approving. Many thanks, and we look forward to seeing your working file here again!”

But I’m presuming that the reviewer tested it on a Local computer because it links to /admin and in the folder there is an index file..

Therefore if uploaded there would be nothing wrong with the preview.. now I have to wait another 3 days for it to be reviewed again.

I’m sorry I just need to let off the steam

2613 posts
  • Envato Staff
  • Has been a member for 7-8 years
  • Football Contest Participant/Runner-up
  • United States
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Won a Competition
  • Support Staff
+16 more
scottwills Staff says

All authors, including Ziyad, please note – ensure your files work LOCALLY , as reviewers do not test server side. Ziyad – if you can update your file so it links directly to your .html and/or .swf, we’ll be glad to review it again when you next upload it. Many thanks! :)

Secondly, to anyone and everyone who has noticed that there are a lot of files in the queue and it is now taking perhaps 3-4 days to review your file(s) instead of 1-2 days, please understand that Flashden now has over 60,000 members. With more members brings more file uploads and more support tickets.

For file authors, this is great news, because it means more sales as there are many more customers. :)

If there are 100 files in the queue, it does not mean that there are always 100 files in the queue and no files are being approved. We approve files on a daily basis, and because people upload files 24 hours a day, the queue is never going to be 0. As an example, there could be 100 files in the morning, 30 new files get uploaded, and we review/publish/reject 30 during a day. The queue will still be at 100 despite the fact that reviewers are reviewing files.

Support, staff, and reviewers all work hard to get your great work out there. If we reject, we reject for quality control issues and/or because the file upload instructions have not been followed. We also reject files for your best interest! If a file does not work, we do not want to see or hear comments in your file thread that your file does not work which may affect sales of your file. So we genuinely are protecting the interests of the author if/when we reject and it is never anything personal.

Flashden is successful because of it’s great community and contributors, but also because there is integrity about the quality and consistency of files uploaded. This protects both the author selling a file and the customer making a purchase.

Finally, please let me re-iterate that if anyone has any questions about Flashden, the queue, a problem with a file, or something else, send it onto support@flashden.net.”>href=”mailto:support@flashden.net.”>support@flashden.net. We do read everything that comes in and we do respond as quickly as we can.

One piece of irony to leave you with, and that is, if someone complains or starts a thread in the forums, the time it takes a reviewer or staff member to respond could be spent actually reviewing your files or support tickets. :)

Now… Back to the queue to review and approve some cool files. :) Hopefully we’ll see yours there soon, Ziyad. :)

215 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • United Kingdom
Ziyad says

Scott,

Thanks for the response.

I have uploaded it again.

Cheers, Ziyad

903 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Referred between 500 and 999 users
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • United States
Flash_Cart says

[smile]

Scott: awesome response.

One word: “Tactful.”

Ziyad, great job.

Don’t give up. Just keep learning from your mistakes or lack of knowledge in certain areas.

No one knows everything from the go.

We do are best to produce innovative files and creative works while staying abreast of the policy changes & revisions.

The great news is, FlashDen hires people like Scott & Bobo who respond gracefully to our rants and raves when our work needs improvement.

Cheers FD. Flash_Cart

P.S. What up Jun!!!!!!!!

FaveUp still rocks. [don’t know if you’re still running it, but noice!]

Oh yeah, and happy belated b-day to WildWise for those who didn’t know!

3206 posts Point. Counterpoint.
  • Has attended an Envato Live event
  • Senior Reviewer
  • Support Staff
  • Envato Staff
  • Won a Competition
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
+9 more
ADG3studios Staff says

Agreed with FC, great post Scott. :)

Stickified! :D

133 posts
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
pauliusuza says

@scottwills

Sorry, but I must strongly disagree, all FlashDen files should be tested SERVER SIDE ONLY !

Why? Because if your file uses external data sources (such as REST or SOAP webservices) it will simply not work when tested on client side.

With the amount of contributions FlashDen gets it could easily afford a 20$ per month testing environment with shared FTP for all reviewers, the current review policy simply shows that the staff is not experienced enough to deal with more advanced files.

Maybe it was OK a year ago, but now when we have AS3 files going mainstream and FlashPlayer 10 around the corner FlashDen should revisit their review procedure, because it simply does not fit developers needs and causes unnecessary file rejections.

My file got rejected couple of days ago ( online demo here ) of this same reason – reviewer was not able to run HTML preview file from his local computer, although on the server exact SAME files worked fine. However the reviewer did not even try to test it on client side because as I now understand there is no testing environment.

Now FlashDen is loosing money due to rejections like these because it will take me another 3 days in queue to get the file reviewed again.

I’m just trying to get this message out because I care about FlashDen and I am not satisfied with level of support I’ve seen so far.

[EDIT] Link to previous discussion about review policy

2671 posts
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • United Kingdom
  • Won a Competition
Chuckanucka says

files that use php/mysql etc do get testing online or on a local server

1277 posts
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Exclusive Author
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
+2 more
rondog says

I agree with pauliusuza to some extent about them being tested server side since almost all these files on here are most likely being used on the web. Half of my files use PHP /MySQL. If you were to test my membership system locally it wouldn’t work.

I also state these things in the comments to the reviews upon upload which is why I’ve never had a problem. You should do the same thing Ziyad.

925 posts
  • Beta Tester
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
michelsteege says

Don’t know if iam posting this in then right topic, but the quality of 80% of the files uploaded last time is bad! there ase so many files of 1/2/3 dollar last days that never will sell good because they are a bit useless or verry low of quality, i think flashden needs to reject more files and only let usefull high quality files go through.

436 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
ourben says
@scottwills

Sorry, but I must strongly disagree, all FlashDen files should be tested SERVER SIDE ONLY !

Why? Because if your file uses external data sources (such as REST or SOAP webservices) it will simply not work when tested on client side.

With the amount of contributions FlashDen gets it could easily afford a 20$ per month testing environment with shared FTP for all reviewers, the current review policy simply shows that the staff is not experienced enough to deal with more advanced files.

Maybe it was OK a year ago, but now when we have AS3 files going mainstream and FlashPlayer 10 around the corner FlashDen should revisit their review procedure, because it simply does not fit developers needs and causes unnecessary file rejections.

My file got rejected couple of days ago ( online demo here ) of this same reason – reviewer was not able to run HTML preview file from his local computer, although on the server exact SAME files worked fine. However the reviewer did not even try to test it on client side because as I now understand there is no testing environment.

Now FlashDen is loosing money due to rejections like these because it will take me another 3 days in queue to get the file reviewed again.

I’m just trying to get this message out because I care about FlashDen and I am not satisfied with level of support I’ve seen so far.

[EDIT] Link to previous discussion about review policy

Seconded!

Flash is COMPLETELY different animal in the local sandbox. Suggesting people make sure they work locally is… well… I’ll remain taciturn.

MacOS, Windows, Linux and Soalris – xampp

by
by
by
by
by
by