1045 posts Best-dressed man at PressNomics 2013
  • Has sold $1M+ on Envato Market and is now a Power Elite Author
  • Power Elite Author: Sold more than $1M on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+10 more
Parallelus says

The amount of people who ask for support and mention they’re using the theme on multiple websites is too damn high. And when i tell them it’s a single use licence they disappear.

Happens to me too all the time on our support forum.

I think it’s more interesting how many don’t realize it’s a single use license. The only way I can think of to make that more apparent is have a “Single Domain” license (unlimited use on one domain) as the default and rename the “Regular License” to “Single Use” and make users select it specifically. That will eliminate the issue and solve another one at the same time.

54 posts
  • Won a competition
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
+6 more
RescueThemes says

The amount of people who ask for support and mention they’re using the theme on multiple websites is too damn high. And when i tell them it’s a single use licence they disappear.

I think it’s more interesting how many don’t realize it’s a single use license. The only way I can think of to make that more apparent is have a “Single Domain” license (unlimited use on one domain) as the default and rename the “Regular License” to “Single Use” and make users select it specifically. That will eliminate the issue and solve another one at the same time.

Except that both of the licenses are single use, no? So that wouldn’t make sense to only name one single use although I get what you’re saying.

1045 posts Best-dressed man at PressNomics 2013
  • Has sold $1M+ on Envato Market and is now a Power Elite Author
  • Power Elite Author: Sold more than $1M on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+10 more
Parallelus says

Except that both of the licenses are single use, no? So that wouldn’t make sense to only name one single use although I get what you’re saying.

I don’t think you do get what I’m saying. I’m not suggesting we rename the “Extended License” to “Single Domain”, I’m saying there needs to be a “Single Domain” license added. The Extended license is virtually useless for WP themes. It applies to Site Templates and Admin Templates.

Not to go even further off topic, but I would love to see Envato’s statistics for Extended license sales on WP themes. If it reaches double digits for a month that would be a surprise to me.

161 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in Europe
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
+1 more
themebros says

Remember the Envato poll we did about a month ago (maybe less)? There was a question about a “multi-use” license, so i believe the licensing will be improved soon.

99 posts
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has sold $750,000+ on Envato Market
+5 more
2winFactor says

Maybe he bought it off another website. I recently found one that was re-selling a lot of Themeforest themes with their own license.

Andre

815 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Contributed a free file of the month
+3 more
rvision_ says

+1, same here

309 posts Mad Dog
  • Has referred 500+ members
  • Has sold $750,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+6 more
mad_dog says

Had a customer who purchased my theme with the single license and while discussing the issues on the support forum he letted out that he is satisfied using my theme for his clients sites. When I asked him whether he purchased additional license to use it for other domains, this customer simply did not answer the question and stopped using my forum.

by
by
by
by
by
by