8 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
eddievet says

Hello Everyone

I have bought a theme some time ago and the author is not responding nor to email or comments. From what i read on the comments page seem to be few more unhappy customers. No one wants to get stuck for few day without any form of support. I can’t go ahead without his support, after all that its job. My question is: Where can i complain?

thank you all in advance.

3799 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years Has collected 500+ items on Envato Market Nominated Community Superstar of the month Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+1 more
charlie4282 says

You can submit a ticket here http://support.envato.com/ BUT be aware files are sold here with NO requirement for authors to provide any form of support (Although most do)

1748 posts Don't Worry, Be Happy
    Has referred 200+ members Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+8 more
FinalDestiny says

Support is not included within the purchase, you get the theme as-is on the demo, support is being offered by authors voluntarily

8 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
eddievet says

Hello guys

Thank you for kind comments. My point is that the theme seller agreed to help and support on the theme installation. But i understand that the support is not an obligation. I have received support in previous themes and i guess that every seller does it with pleasure. What i wanted is to get the seller’s attention from the Envato team/staff and tell the seller to kindly support buyers in every step as everyone else does it.

Thanks for you king comments, Eddie

147 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year Has referred 1+ members Has sold $100+ on Envato Market Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
XeePress says

Sorry for that, but the license price doesn’t include any support fee. If it did, the theme license price would be about over 2,000~4,000$. And every author(seller) conventionally says he would support his theme for more sales, but still whether he does or not is on his own.

8 posts
eddievet says

Hi all

It all make sense. Thank you all for the comments.

Kind regards, Eddie

2186 posts
    Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+4 more
Nitro_Themes says

Also you have the option to pay someone as freelance if the author is not able to help you.

There are many talented dudes kicking around the Forrest. Start a thread and ask for help but make sure that you do not expect it for free. Prices are very decent.

Cheers and good luck.

Lester

1 post
SheriKeat says

Thank you for this discussion. Was prepared to use this service but now knowing you do not stand behind the products sold with any service I will withdraw. Glad I saw this BEFORE I wasted my money

1148 posts
    Has referred 1+ members Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
fillerspace says

It’s an ongoing debate about authors providing support given the low price of items ($10-$60 compared to thousands for custom work). At the same time buyers demand support because they are paying so much money ($10-$60 compared to free themes). So it is a matter of perception and different perspectives.

It is worth it for authors to provide support even though it not required because it will result in more sales. Hopefully these additional sales will subsidize a small percentage of customers to use more support than they pay for.

I think an author who offers amazing support but finds a way for buyers to not need it at all will find the winning formula of attracting more sales, but not incurring increased costs in supporting items. A good real-life example of this is American food products. Many food packages sold in the US have a phone number listed for questions or comments. I’ve found it amazing that I can by a $2 bottle of ketchup or mustard and call a toll-free number to ask silly questions like “what variety of tomatoes go into this ketchup?” or “will the vinegar in the mustard give my dog a stomach ache?” Clearly it would cost more than $2 just to have someone spend 5 minutes on the phone with me, but they count on so many people buying and so few people calling because the product is so easy to use that very people need support.

3429 posts
    Has referred 1000+ members Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+10 more
sevenspark Envato team says

Thank you for this discussion. Was prepared to use this service but now knowing you do not stand behind the products sold with any service I will withdraw. Glad I saw this BEFORE I wasted my money

Hi Sheri,

It’s important to understand that this is a marketplace. Each theme is created by an author, not by Envato/ThemeForest.

Each author has a support policy that can be viewed in the “Support” tab on each item. If the author says they offer support, then you should be good to go. If they don’t say they offer support, and that’s important to you, then you can look for one that does.

Most authors here provide excellent support, it’s just something you should check on beforehand. :)

Stating that authors here don’t “stand behind their products” and that a purchase here would be a “waste of money” is pretty harsh based on the experience of one customer with one author.

by
by
by
by
by
by