I need to create a website for my small business. Being indie, funds are tight but I am happy to see that there are free website builders out there. Comparing TF to others, TF has definitely got my vote. There’s come gorgeous work available here.
But I am so frustrated.
I know nothing about code or building websites, but I love what I see on ThemeForest. I just don’t know how to get it started in terms of finding a decent host, figuring out how to use a template I see on here to make “live”, how I decipher how much “disk” space I will need to allot for the amount of content I will have…list goes on.
In relation to the above, I have some burning questions:
1. When I register the domain name I would like to use, is it mine forever, or is it only mine so long as I use ABC company as my host? 2. Does ThemeForest offer hosting packages? 3. Are there: business email accounts, google analytics, blogs, a PayPal shopping cart and a content management system that I can use to do regular updates? 4. Do I need FileZilla or any knowledge of Code to use the templates on TF?
I’ve tried to google these topics on here to no avail which is why I’ve started this here thread. If anyone has any advice I would GREATLY appreciate it.
hare are answers of your questions
1) ones you register a domain name its yours, but you need to renew that domain each year, if you don’t do that you will loose the ownership of it. And it is having no relation with hosting company
2) I don’t think ThemeForest provides hosting packages
3) did’t get you
4) you need to know basic coding to modify the TF template, and you need working knowledge of FileZilla to upload your code on server
I strongly suggest that you either hire some one to design you a website or you start with www.wordpress.org and/or other CMS /Blog systems out there.
The world of website creation is deep, complex, and always changing. It is very easy to get lost in trying to build one if you have no experience. Once again, if this is the case…just hire someone to do it for you.
- Please read our community guidelines. Self promotion and discussion of piracy is not allowed.
- Open a support ticket if you would like specific help with your account, deposits or purchases.
- Item Support by authors is optional and may vary. Please see the Support tab on each item page.
Most of all, enjoy your time here. Thank you for being a valued Envato community member.