Hey!I am upgrading my computer but I am not sure what to upgrade first (because I don’t have much money). My main goal is to make After Effects render faster and smoother, especially because i just downloaded Mettle’s “Shapeshifter” plugin. My computer specs:
- Memory: 2×2gb (4gb) 4 slots available total
- Processor: AMD Athlon II x4 @3.00Ghz.
- Graphics: ATI Radeon HD 4200 . Please leave some suggestions on what you think I should upgrade, i’m sure there are people here with experience with this kind of situation. Thanks -Graham
My suggestion: First, upgrate your memory to 8 or 12 gb… even 16 gb Then your processor (if you had money)... And only after that upgrade your video card.
Yes, definitely upgrade that RAM , 4GB is extremely bare minimum. It’s also the cheapest to upgrade
Is that RAM DDR2 or DDR3 ? Does it support 2×8GB modules or only 2×2x2GB? RAM is nice place to start, but lately you’ll need to upgrade your cpu and you didn’t tell us what motherboard you have I’ve recently upgraded to 3770k with 16 gigs of RAM and then I found out that 16gigs is not enough for combination multiple frame rendering + 8 cores, so I’m just about to upgrade to 32 gigs.
I never use AMD Processor i always use Intel Processor.My PC.
- Intel Core i5 2500K
- Motherboard Gigabyte with Chipset Intel Z77
- Memory 32 gb
- Video Card Gforce GTX 560 Ti, 1 gb Memory, 256bit
I never use AMD Processor i always use Intel Processor.
Almost all of my projects were made on AMD Phenom II 955 X4 @ 3.2 Ghz…and working on it was fine, just fine. Only rendering time was about triple than what I have today. But still, I believe AMD offers better performance for its price.
+1 for intel ,
get the new intel processor and you will so happy with the results,ive been on AMD and its death to work with.Also get minimum 16 gb ram and good GPU .
haha this is turning into an Intel v. AMD thread . Personally I go with AMD because like DoubleX said you get more for less money. However I do think the performance and reliability of Intel’s chips is better. Also thanks for everyone’s suggestions, I’m ordering 2×8gb (16gb total) DDR3 .
- Please read our community guidelines. Self promotion and discussion of piracy is not allowed.
- Open a support ticket if you would like specific help with your account, deposits or purchases.
- Item Support by authors is optional and may vary. Please see the Support tab on each item page.
Most of all, enjoy your time here. Thank you for being a valued Envato community member.