279 posts
  • Europe
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
blerc says

By the way 5 days, a week, or two. Where’s the difference? Keep working and uploading, there is no difference. Eventually they will be up. And yes, the keyword is indefinite time.

569 posts
  • Author had a File in a Mini Bundle
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • United Kingdom
BoxedCreative says

I’m not at all that concerned. Its only one or two extra days that takes my item to get approved than normal. However, its not a holiday season in every country and I was just wondering if some reviewers are based in countries that isn’t a holiday season i.e mainly the Middle East and parts of Asia?

279 posts
  • Europe
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
blerc says

Well i guess they wont turn off the switch for the whole building, they must be having vacations by groups. There was a nomination thing going on, so maybe that’s another reason for late replies.

I think they are mainly based in the US, and EU, but i am not sure about that :P

412 posts
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
mitdralla says

You’ve been an author for less than a month, and based on those single-month statistics you’re worrying about the fate of this site? Give yourself a break.
+1 :D amusing thread :smitten:

+1 completely agree!

347 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • United States
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
iGalaxyTheme says

You’ve been an author for less than a month, and based on those single-month statistics you’re worrying about the fate of this site? Give yourself a break.
+1 :D amusing thread :smitten:
+1 completely agree!

+1 I agree! :-)

1373 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Tuvalu
dekurvajo says

“You’ve been an author for less than a month, and based on those single-month statistics you’re worrying about the fate of this site? Give yourself a break.”

Just becuase he is new does not matter he can not have a first impression. Yes, we can tell him (i can tell him) what he is experiencing is not the usual. And excuse me, but treating him like a rookie i think its very unfair. He just came here, and even he has few item in his portfolio it’s talk. (and i took a look on his portfolio, by the way) and probably he want to expand that. He is not burry the site guys, He just pointing on a fact which is actually damn true. Christmass period 2 months? 7+ days review time? My ass….

1429 posts Determined to give you nothing but the best!
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
+3 more
mrcharlesbrown says

Just because he is new does not matter he can not have a first impression. Yes, we can tell him (i can tell him) what he is experiencing is not the usual. And excuse me, but treating him like a rookie i think its very unfair. He just came here, and even he has few item in his portfolio it’s talk. (and i took a look on his portfolio, by the way) and probably he want to expand that. He is not burry the site guys, He just pointing on a fact which is actually damn true. Christmass period 2 months? 7+ days review time? My ass….

Well said ‘dekurvajo’ you indeed have a good sense of humor.

What will it profit anyone to bash new authors? We were all once new authors and don’t fully understand how the system works. It is a lot better if you read a thread that is of no interest to you, simply pass by without leaving irresponsible comments. Whether a thread is amusing or interesting – it all doesn’t matter and won’t bite anyone. Forum is a medium where people pour out their spirits and should be considered as such.

1373 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Tuvalu
dekurvajo says

“does not matter” = does’t mean

mrcharlesbrown: Thanks, i thought i will be the only one who dont like pitching. Crozer: im a bit disappointed. A prosperous author like you should be supportive instead up-stage.

224 posts
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
h3design says

Hey, i just wanted to take a stand again. Im sorry for my words, i didnt mean “amusing” in an offensive way. I just think their´s a lot of complaining on the forums at the moment and when i saw this thread i was wondering if the “doomsday”-thread now even infringed on marketplace topics ;)
I mean… of course a forum is a place of discussion. But prognosticating with a lack of information isnt always that beneficial. And if everyone would just take a look at the last 15 threads, we woudlnt have so many dublicative ones. Because their were already about 5-6 threads about this topic which didnt lead to a useable result.

I can just repeat that we dont have the necessary information to predict any “decay” of the marketplace. But it appears to me that there are many omniscient people out there, who know that it´s because of christmas etc… Maybe it has a totally different reason ?
During summer there were items reviewed after 2 days, and on other days it took 4 days. The 5-6 day trend has just been for 2-3 weeks max. and might also just be a little period of “stress”. Or maybe there are 40% more items uploaded to the marketplace.. Do you know ? Me neither.

I´ll just keep an eye on this issue and after some time, we might be more able to analyse the statistics :)

EDIT: btw, i´d see myself as a “new” author in some way too, considering the fact that i havent experienced any christmas holidays on envato yet.
For me it would be interesting to hear about the experiences of someone who´s on the marketplaces for a few years already.

2213 posts
  • Football Contest Participant/Runner-up
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Germany
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
+5 more
crozer says

“You’ve been an author for less than a month, and based on those single-month statistics you’re worrying about the fate of this site? Give yourself a break.” Just becuase he is new does not matter he can not have a first impression. Yes, we can tell him (i can tell him) what he is experiencing is not the usual. And excuse me, but treating him like a rookie i think its very unfair. He just came here, and even he has few item in his portfolio it’s talk. (and i took a look on his portfolio, by the way) and probably he want to expand that. He is not burry the site guys, He just pointing on a fact which is actually damn true. Christmass period 2 months? 7+ days review time? My ass….

Treating him like a rookie? I’m pointing out how useless a month-based statistic is.

by
by
by
by
by
by