3 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market Sells items exclusively on Envato Market Located in Romania
agilius says

Hi, I’d like to ask the author community from theme forest about their opinion on the potential of concrete5.

Having seen the “most wanted” competition I was curious if you guys think that concrete5 is going to get a bit bigger than it is now. I really see a great potential for simpler websites – portfolios, simple blogs, CVs and so on – with concrete5.

I’m considering joining the author community soon and my first pick would be concrete5. What do you guys think?

Thanks! :)

PS : I hope I posted in the right section, if not, let me know the right section for this.

666 posts
    Power Elite Author: Sold more than $1M on Envato Market Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years Has sold $1M+ on Envato Market and is now a Power Elite Author Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+5 more
Dream-Theme says

As CMS Concrete5 is simply awesome! It’s gaining user base and market share rapidly. But, alas, I do not see great demand on themes for it at this particular moment. IMO, developing themes for it is kinda long-term investing; and a bit risky one.

260 posts Mad Dog
    Has referred 500+ members Has sold $750,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+6 more
mad_dog says

Entirely agree with Dream-Theme. I think we should wait a little bit.

3 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market Sells items exclusively on Envato Market Located in Romania
agilius says

Thanks you for your feedback. The reason I’m considering something else but wordpress is because… well, it feels so crowded there, in the wordpress sections. I feel like giving concrete5 a try and maybe even do some plugins for it, for free, just to encourage more people to use it for simple websites, and therefore increase interest in all things concrete5 – premium themes included -.

114 posts
    Has referred 1+ members Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+3 more
mountainthemes says

I don’t like Concrete5. It has a very ugly UI and it is not so intuitive. There are better cms out there (IMHO).

41 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
jk000jk says

I know Concrete5 and doesn’t bring much to the table, if it weren’t for that build in caching system it will be slower than naked WP but I think it can scale cheaper since is build on a relative modern architecture, they have their own marketplace which is promoted through the CMS itself.

3 posts
agilius says

I am skeptical about their marketplace. Is it just me or there are to few free themes and plugins and to many paid features?

by
by
by
by
by
by