3 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Romania
agilius says

Hi, I’d like to ask the author community from theme forest about their opinion on the potential of concrete5.

Having seen the “most wanted” competition I was curious if you guys think that concrete5 is going to get a bit bigger than it is now. I really see a great potential for simpler websites – portfolios, simple blogs, CVs and so on – with concrete5.

I’m considering joining the author community soon and my first pick would be concrete5. What do you guys think?

Thanks! :)

PS : I hope I posted in the right section, if not, let me know the right section for this.

648 posts
  • Power Elite Author
  • Power Elite Author: Sold between 1 000 000 - 1 999 999 dollars
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 500 and 999 users
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
Dream-Theme says

As CMS Concrete5 is simply awesome! It’s gaining user base and market share rapidly. But, alas, I do not see great demand on themes for it at this particular moment. IMO, developing themes for it is kinda long-term investing; and a bit risky one.

253 posts Mad Dog
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Referred between 500 and 999 users
+1 more
mad_dog says

Entirely agree with Dream-Theme. I think we should wait a little bit.

3 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Romania
agilius says

Thanks you for your feedback. The reason I’m considering something else but wordpress is because… well, it feels so crowded there, in the wordpress sections. I feel like giving concrete5 a try and maybe even do some plugins for it, for free, just to encourage more people to use it for simple websites, and therefore increase interest in all things concrete5 – premium themes included -.

114 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Italy
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
mountainthemes says

I don’t like Concrete5. It has a very ugly UI and it is not so intuitive. There are better cms out there (IMHO).

41 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
jk000jk says

I know Concrete5 and doesn’t bring much to the table, if it weren’t for that build in caching system it will be slower than naked WP but I think it can scale cheaper since is build on a relative modern architecture, they have their own marketplace which is promoted through the CMS itself.

3 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Romania
agilius says

I am skeptical about their marketplace. Is it just me or there are to few free themes and plugins and to many paid features?

by
by
by
by
by
by