844 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+2 more
SBJEWEL says

I want to create some Die cut business cards, But i am confused how can i make them print ready in Photoshop and Illustrator both; How can i show where to cut…. Can anyone tell me please…. Thanks. :confused:

13 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
Martin_T says

It’s quite simple just follow those steps: 1. Create in Illustrator file with cutting path. 2. Copy that path as a vector object in SAME position, and same size on your Photoshop file. 3. Make project based on this and turn off layer with cutting path. 3. Create jpg file with preview where goes cutting (stroke in clear color should be ok). 5. Make a nice instruction for buyer what is what.

Someone who will go too print house show all those files (print ready file form Photoshop, cutting path from Illustator and preview jpg file) guys from print house should know what to do with them.

3197 posts
  • Has referred 1000+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Attended one of our Meetups around the world
+10 more
ThomGeskin says
Moved to Off Topic
844 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
+2 more
SBJEWEL says

It’s quite simple just follow those steps: 1. Create in Illustrator file with cutting path. 2. Copy that path as a vector object in SAME position, and same size on your Photoshop file. 3. Make project based on this and turn off layer with cutting path. 3. Create jpg file with preview where goes cutting (stroke in clear color should be ok). 5. Make a nice instruction for buyer what is what. Someone who will go too print house show all those files (print ready file form Photoshop, cutting path from Illustator and preview jpg file) guys from print house should know what to do with them.

I already figure out how it’s done…. I found some tutorial search by Google. But still little confused. But i think i will post some more question later…. I am so glad for your kind. Thanks. I will submit my design soon here. Hope they will accept. Thanks again. :) :)

2117 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
Graphic-Studio says

Yes, all you need to include is a Layer names DIECUT

That layer would contain an OUTLINE of the Cutting Area.

A .50 – 1.0 point Rule should be enough for the Die Cutter to prepare the Die.

Just to remember to tell the buyers not to show the Die Cut in the art to be printed.

The Die cut should probably also be provided as a single .JPG or .TIFF file at 100% – in case the user deletes that layer and gets confused.

So all in all the user would submit to the printer:

The Design to be printed.

The Rule Guide with the Diecut Lines.

by
by
by
by
by
by