• Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Referred between 500 and 999 users
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Latvia
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
+5 more
placdarms Reviewer says

The new license policy email just arrived and gave me a concern.

It says: “Items purchased under a regular or extended license may NOT be used within other Envato marketplace items.”

Does this means that we can no more cooperate with Audio Jungle authors using their music in our videos and linking to them? That’s ridiculous if it’s true. Because that was the perfect way to make videos look better and to enhance sales both – on videoHive and AudioJungle. if we can’t do this anymore I’m afraid we have to purchase audio from third parties and Envato and AudioJungle authors will loose that money.

4792 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Community Moderator
  • Beta Tester
  • United Kingdom
+5 more
felt_tips Volunteer moderator says

There was another part of the email that said specifically we could use other Envato stuff in previews if we have the authors permission, but it must be watermarked.

There was only one bit that confused me for video hive and that was the licence examples.

Under Regular Licence Examples is ‘single green screen background’. Under Extended Licence Examples is ‘green screen background for sale’

They’re both single and both for sale. I don’t think the difference is quite clear in that one. The other examples were great.

4792 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Community Moderator
  • Beta Tester
  • United Kingdom
+5 more

What images, videos illustrations or music can I use in my items?

Check out point 4 under What assets can I use in my preview files?

-felt.

215 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Envato Staff
  • Reviewer
  • Latvia
+5 more
placdarms Reviewer says

OK, that make sense. What about previews that is already out there? Should I add audio watermarks for them or this is just for future projects?

372 posts
  • Senior Reviewer
  • Won a Competition
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Envato Staff
  • Has been a member for 7-8 years
+6 more
MarcoSecchi Reviewer says
What about previews that is already out there?

My advice is to update the old ones. Maybe in the future you will be contacted by the site manager asking to update them, but you will be already ok ;)

marco

4792 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Community Moderator
  • Beta Tester
  • United Kingdom
+5 more

I guess that if you bought the file, you don’t need an audio watermark. You’re allowed to use it as is according to the licence. But I think it’s polite to do so.

215 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Envato Staff
  • Reviewer
  • Latvia
+5 more
placdarms Reviewer says
I guess that if you bought the file, you don’t need an audio watermark. You’re allowed to use it as is according to the licence. But I think it’s polite to do so.

well the difference is if i’m using it with no watermarks and with no additional sound FX- someone can record the sound and use it. at the same time if he would be recording from AJ he would get mono and with watermarks.

but on the other hand there are always way to steal something for those who want to steal.

For me it’s important to understand the policy so i can make my previews in the way they should be and don’t get my previous items marked as a Hidden in inapropriate time.

4893 posts
  • Senior Reviewer
  • Envato Staff
  • United States
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • Attended a Community Meetup
+5 more
MarkBrodhuber Staff says

I would say that the audio in the past, used from AJ does not need to be watermarked. I may receive different clarification from my boss down the line, and I may have to ask that you guys do so then. But for now, I think anything before this point is fine. Something to keep in mind is that many AJ authors have a copy of their file already watermarked, so it couldn’t hurt to ask them to send it before going through the trouble of watermarking it yourself.

Also remember that when you use audio from AJ, you need to credit the author in the description, you cannot include it in the download, and to make it easier on the review team – let us know the “audio came from AJ, and link to the file can be found in description”.

Felt, good point about the green screen item in the wiki, I’ll get that fixed. Sometimes when I put stuff like that together, in my head, it works during that period but then I look back and realize “what was I thinking!?” :P. The green screen thing doesn’t really make sense in there.

by
by
by
by
by
by