412 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+5 more
patrickjansen says

Yes. I’m not the first and probably won’t be the last to consider it.

I’m currently working on an item which is becoming so complex and advanced that the need for a CMS has been crossing my mind. And I have my hands full with the item itself and the concept is still advancing and list of more ideas(features) to implement is still growing.

Apart from this item, in the past years I’ve always found that new ideas accumulated and time available not enough to create everything I think of. Ergo, I’m considering teaming up if I can find a partner interesting and apt enough.

Specifically at this moment (for the current item I’m working on) the author would need to be able to implement a xml CMS . For those who are interested, I have a demo link available to show what I’m working plus more details.

I only will consider already experienced / longer-time-around authors, certain trust factor is always smart of course.

So, to whom may be interested, contact me through my profile/contact page.

P.

1722 posts Time is what you desire most, but waste carelessly.
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+6 more
Firsh says

I’m exactly in your shoes so far that I paused the development because I know it would require learning more about php to do the CMS and I don’t really have time for that now. I thought about collaborating but still looking for someone. I thought I’d outsource that part of my project to a freelancer, but now I need the money for something else :)

2671 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 7 years
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
Chuckanucka says

CMS do seem to be popping up a lot now on AD, but notice the prices are rock bottom, pretty much the same as a xml driven file – so is it really worth investing the huge amount of time into one?

412 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+5 more
patrickjansen says

Quantity of items on AD is starting to put pressure on need to compete (unless you’re already a popular author). So quality and easyness could give that extra push towards offering a top-item. Matter of calculations and investing. Low sale numbers with ‘simple xml’ for yourself versus possible large sales after more time invested and/but split between 2 authors.

+6 more
Firsh says
CMS do seem to be popping up a lot now on AD, but notice the prices are rock bottom, pretty much the same as a xml driven file – so is it really worth investing the huge amount of time into one?

Well if your file is complex it’s a strong selling point. It doesn’t have to be more expensive, we just need more sales because of the CMS :) I personally like CMS solutions better than having to read the documentation while editing the xml with tons of variables. Then when there is an error spend a lot of time finding what it is.. CMS should be able to generate the xml without any errors while providing a nice GUI to the user.

2671 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 7 years
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
Chuckanucka says

I agree a CMS driven file can be great, although not always easier to install/use than simple xml files, but I’m not seeing higher sales for CMS files to justify the dirt cheap price.

If you were selling the CMS separately it would easily be $35+ (too cheap even then) so I don’t understand why a gallery with CMS can sell for $20, less than some xml galleries.

1661 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Won a Most Wanted contest
+9 more
flashedge says

A CMS won’t make your work better. Building an universal CMS for all XML driven Flash content might have more sense. Oh wait, there is already one! :)

596 posts Don't be so humble - you are not that great.
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
plusquare says

I prefer my own cms applications. I’m currently doing one myself for my current and future projects, let’s see what comes out ;)

+6 more
Firsh says
A CMS won’t make your work better. Building an universal CMS for all XML driven Flash content might have more sense. Oh wait, there is already one! :)

Where? Can you post a link plz?

by
by
by
by
by
by