13 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Italy
discusclub says

Hello, I’m using the Brest theme, and like other themes there’s a contact form on the footer section that isn’t protected from a captcha system, this means a real issue. The Brest skinner doesn’t respond, but i see the form in many of the other themes. How can I integrate the form with a captcha system, or delete the code definately? Please, help, as it’s a charge for the server too.

1383 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Serbia
wpCanyonThemes says

You can hire a freelancer to implement a captcha system.

352 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
al_m473 says

google on the reCaptcha plugin (on wordpress.org), d/l it and then install it in your theme, not very complicated, did that on a site I have and spam dropped to zero.

to enter valid human comments, you must type in the 2 words displayed, else your comment will not be accepted

Al

3418 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Community Moderator
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Referred more than 2000 users
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
+4 more
sevenspark Volunteer moderator says

You could also use Contact Form 7, which integrates with Akismet spam filtering http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/contact-form-7/

13 posts
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Italy
discusclub says

al_m473 thank you, that worked with the comment form. But with the contactus form that is in about all the new themes in the footer mainly, I’m not able to put it discretely. Eventually I can comment the bites of code that make the ‘contact me’ functional. But if I comment it something changes in the layout of the theme, and the theme author doesn’t answer. By the way it is a nice suggestion, even if a smaller and easy-to-code captcha system should be the welcome. Check the footer here: discusclub.net

Thank you, people. ;-)

by
by
by
by
by
by