14 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
bunnny says

Hello guys,

I’m not sure if I’m allowed to launch a Contest here, so if I broke the glass please Mod’s excuse me for the inconvenience and move the same to the right place.

So, here it goes. Simplicity in king!

The purpose of this post is a creation of nice bright and clean as the title says, website layout (PSD) contest in collaboration with TF and to evaluate each participant/contestant’s presentation of an excellence and professionalism in the field of a sleek modern Web design.

I’m posting this here because, I do believe in TF creative society and personally because I love to use TF as a good and innovative barometer. So, basically I wish to actually find a lot of ideas and creativity in the coming days. Each TF contestant is personally invited to focus on areas such as clean layout, beautiful combination of colors, feel and look.

I bought a script that is 99.8% the same like(http://www.careerjet.com/) excluding some of their Ajax enhancements. There will be emphasis on creative aspects, CSS and coding, so it is up to the participant to create the PSD design ONLY , or if He/She wants to do both(PSD+coding part), then He/She just have to specify the $$ balance. I know some people are really talented and they just wanna build their new portfolio, so I believe in all opportunities that this contest is giving them. If not, I’m fine just with the PSD files.

So, to clarify once again the Contest is about PSD file layout creation based on http://www.careerjet.com/ website construction. In order to better feel the script and make the design I will provide the access to my site to the Winner, only! Until then He/She can follow the “careerjet” site configuration and leave “open” opportunities for design polishing.

It’ll be great if the future design have similar opportunity design configuration like the “careerjet” website(WHAT, WHERE , AJAX search forms in the middle), or even better designing enhancements are actully more than welcomed.

Since my site will be Real Estate Search Engine orientated, I think the contestant should concentrate His/Her power to deliver more professional business like look sometimes found in the css galleries than funny cmyk or artificial colors and construction vision.

I wanted to point few sites I like, but I decided to leave this to you imagination and let you release your creativity and inspiration without confusing your talented visionary. The only thing I would like not to be used is, No copy/paste stuff and amateur tries! Also, I like Ajax effects to be implemented in the future site, so keep mind. I hate scrolling method, so please consider this as one of the major requirements(i.e. http://www.ask.com or http://www.linkpatch.com/).

The best Design will be announced after 14 biz days and will receive a bonus cash prize(via PayPal or TF processor) of 70$ and deserved spot of excellence in footer of the future website. If you feel that this amount underestimate your ego just simply do not participate. Or may be you just wanna show yourself to the rest of the world and get this done just in the name of the Web Love, then go ahead shoot us! Remember, it is just a PSD file…

I reserve the rights to add an extra details supporting the contest description from above. I ADMIRE ALL YOUR WORKS , GUYS!

Thank you and good luck! Cheers ;)

364 posts Onuro
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+4 more
ThemeKioken says

You have to be kidding. $70?

Sometimes people may go into conclusion that as if buying a theme for $10 makes the value of the theme $10, which is not. It actually is about $1500-$2000 for the author and that is the goal of sales revenue from that theme within 2-3 months period.

So I’m not sure if you will get many participants and gain really quality output for $70.

In my point of view; putting this into a contest (which losers will be wasting time for nothing) with that value is another humiliation for anyone participates.

No offense =)

152 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in United Kingdom
+2 more
wppowered says

Have to agree with onuro with that one!

Nobody will design a quality design for the value of $70 period.

So what will you be getting out of it?

171 posts
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+4 more
clarklab says

screw the $70, I’ll be participating for the spot of excellence in footer of the future website. That sounds totally prestigious.

94 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
JimmyP says

Hold the phone!

You want a bespoke template made to your specification for $70!?

What planet are you living on!?

385 posts
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+8 more
uDesignStudios says

Im sorry mate but $70 is just really, really, really low budget. I think you can’t expect any quality work from anyone for that money (good designers won participate because they are busy doing jobs for real money).

That’s just the way it is, doing this for $70 would be humiliating and lame. Anyway, good luck with your project. :)

250 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
simnor says

OK I ’ll do it for $7000, oh hang on I think you’re missing a couple of zero’s, must be a typo. :)

4327 posts ThemeForest Reviewer
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Member of the Envato Team
+12 more
Ivor Envato team says

Go to http://99designs.com/ c’mon, 70$?

24 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Located in Canada
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
NathanCH says
That’s just the way it is, doing this for $70 would be humiliating and lame.

I charge $75 for my designs, and you’re right, it is humiliating and lame, but I have no choice. Where do you guys get clients?

2541 posts
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
+9 more
CreatingDrew says
screw the $70, I’ll be participating for the spot of excellence in footer of the future website. That sounds totally prestigious.
I lol’d :D
by
by
by
by
by
by