4 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
tbgdm says

Hello there!

We are web design firm seeking a programmer / contractor / agency that is knowledgeable with the Automotive Theme by Contempo Graphic Design (contempoinc). The contractor / agency will be responsible for taking the site concepts we have created in Photoshop and translating them into a custom Wordpress theme that is responsive (based off contempoinc’s amazing theme). The programmer will also be responsible for applying the themes and testing them to ensure they work properly on all devices and in all browsers. The goal is to find a freelance designer/programmer that communicates well with our team and displays a solid understanding of the platform and responsive web design in general. The potential exists to work on many projects together after this. We also like to work with people who are not only good at delivering on the tasks they are contracted to do, but bring additional value to the team by recommending enhancements or design changes that make sense for the project and end client to increase our offerings.

The project in question is a custom, responsive Wordpress theme for a trucking company. Again, it is based off the Automotive Theme by Contempo Graphic Design (http://themeforest.net/item/wp-pro-automotive-responsive-wordpress-theme/2363897?ref=contempoinc&ref=contempoinc&clickthrough_id=97616848&redirect_back=true). The Automotive Theme by Contempo Graphic Design will be installed, and will then need to be customized to match PSD concepts. The prelimary concepts can be supplied whenever to get an exact quote on the work effort / resources required. The Wordpress theme will need to be identical to the PSDs that will be provided.

There are additional project requests for this project as well: 1.) We require the capacity to import Truck Listings from existing site (Existing site is Goodyearmotors.com. XML imports or SQL DB exports can be provided) 2.) We need additional export truck listing functionality from Wordpress into XML format. This is where experience with the Automotive Theme with Contempo is a plus. 3.) We require custom fields in both back end and front end of the theme. In total there will be roughly 24 custom fields for this project (on the listing themselves). 4.) Translation Method – Site needs to be in both English / Spanish. Optimally site content would only need to be updated in one place. The translations themselves are not necessary, only the means for displaying and inputting the translations. 5.) Contractor Documentation – We require a list of the files that were changed & documentation within files. 6.) Plugin Compatibility Verification – Please verify plugins will be compatible with any / all changes made to framework 7.) Timthumb Vulnerability – Identify and rectify any necessary changes related to Timthumb vulnerabilities

We’d like to start the project asap. Additional recommendations from the programmer/designer will be considered, and are valued. The Wordpress platform will be setup and ready to go for you with Automotive Theme by Contempo installed. We will provide you necessary access to our development server, etc. We correspond by Skype, email, phone, etc. – whatever is needed to promote open communication and deliver a first-class solution for the client.

We would prefer to work with someone in the United States so we are available the same business hours to answer questions, etc. As mentioned, we’d also like to start establishing a long term, mutually beneficial relationship and being located in the same geographic area is helpful for that.

Please respond to this thread or contact me at justin@wsidm.com if you’re interested.

Thanks!

1599 posts Chris Robinson
  • Located in United States
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+10 more
contempoinc says

Justin, Hi. Glad you’re interested in one of my themes, I can recommend my colleague Justin Shattuck and his team at Just The Web. They’re well versed in WordPress and they know my themes inside and out — been working with them for years. Give them a shout.

work@justtheweb.com or 877-HIRE-JTW

Or I’d also highly recommend Tweaky if Justin and his team are busy, they’re also well versed in WordPress and very reasonably priced with a quick turnaround.

4 posts
tbgdm says

Chris,

Thanks for the reply. I’ve submitted the proposal to both JustTheWeb and Tweaky. JustTheWeb is yet to respond with a final quote and Tweaky said the project was outside their scope. Have you any other suggestions?

Thanks! Justin

+10 more
contempoinc says

I’d wait for Justin to get back to ya, if they don’t by tomorrow morning I’d give em’ a call.

4 posts
tbgdm says

Good idea… no answer, though. Any other suggestions? I’ll buy you a first class ticket to Honolulu if you decide to take on the project instead…

+10 more
contempoinc says

That’s the only two I can recommend, that’s tempting but I don’t take on any freelance projects anymore. Have you tried calling Justin?

4 posts
tbgdm says

Haha – I commend you for looking up the price of the ticket. There was no mention of the private jets we keep along the West Coast that do these flights for us…

Anyway – could you potentially send me over his cell # (via email to keep it top secret)? Nobody ever seems to answer their office phones.

+10 more
contempoinc says

Private jet that’s a different story, if you can hook up a four seater ;). Shoot me a message via my profile contact form.

2 posts
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
macrapong says
+10 more
contempoinc says

Take a look at this theme: http://themeforest.net/item/automotive-car-dealer-/3576485

That’s a PSD template not a working WP theme.

by
by
by
by
by
by