65 posts
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Bosnia and Herzegovina
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
thesaka24 says

Guys can you help me here.
So, I got contacted few times and people asked me to buy some hip hop beats from me.(Lease)
Now this lease license lets them use that beat once, and they can sell 2.000 units when they make a song basically.

I was wondering, is there any license document or something I can have them sign so I can protect my work ?
Or just send them the license with the beat ?
Anyone had experience with this ?

36 posts
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
  • Located in United States
mccumba says

You can actually purchase “full-proof” contracts online. If you search music producer composer legal contracts in google you’ll see what I’m talking about. The important “blanks” (ie how many millions youre making and how you’ll be paid those millions hehe) are all there and you can tweak the contracts as needed. Don’t remember exactly where I got mine but they sell in a bundle and include probably every type of basic agreement out there ….from producer to engineer to composer to composer/producer/engineer lol They can be a bit pricey though:/ however, the good contracts are usually standard in verbage and drawn up by very well experienced entertainment attorneys. So…youre protected . Any how, food for thought :)

65 posts
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Bosnia and Herzegovina
thesaka24 says

Cool, thank you :)

by
by
by
by
by
by