74 posts
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
blueisblue says

Hi! With everyone who has purchased the “convergence” WP theme by Maximus, I’m hoping someone can help me.

I purchased the theme soon after it was released (not part of the bday bundle) and I cannot, for the life of me, change the permalink structure.

If I try to change the permalinks structure to anything different from the default ugly URLs, I get a 404 not found on all my posts…

So if you’ve worked on Convergence and managed to prettify your urls, any help will be highly appreciated.

Best Regards

Max

537 posts
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Bought between 500 and 999 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Netherlands
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
+2 more
Hein says

Try this

instead of this %postname% use this index.php?%postname%

it has nothing to do with the theme, some hosts are handling the permalink structure differently

613 posts
  • Power Elite Author
  • Referred more than 2000 users
  • Power Elite Author: Sold between 2 000 000 - 4 999 999 dollars
  • Austria
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
+4 more
Kriesi says

also check if your htaccess file is writeable (chmod 777) and also check if your host does support htaccess

(you can easily check this by editing the htaccess with a text editor, write a random string into the file and upload it again, if you get a Server Error your htaccess file is supported, if nothing happens and you still can browse the site mail your host and tell them they should activate the htaccess support of your server)

74 posts
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
blueisblue says

Ow wow thanks guys!

Hein, your technique worked beautifully… now i’m going to try to get rid of the index? part (not that bad if I fail)

Kriesi, I’m going to dig into the .htaccess file now.

Thank you both very much for your help

by
by
by
by
by
by