126 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
  • United Kingdom
matt5409 says

Hi guys

I got a HTML theme published on Friday. Sales are shocking (zero!!) but I see that WP themes are better sellers. My theme is Basic Space, do you think I should spend time/money getting this converted to WP, or would it be pointless? Opinions from those with direct experience in this would be great! :)

11 posts Nice
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • United Kingdom
quitenicestuff says

I’m in a similar situation to yourself, my first theme got approved on Friday as well (its directly below yours in the list in fact…!) currently 3 sales so not amazing but I’m converting it to WP anyway and hopefully that’ll prove to be more successful.

Prior to getting my first HTML template approved I spent a very long time making two WP themes neither of which even got approved. Obviously slightly disappointing but I learned a lot about WP so still ended up gaining something.

I think you should convert it, it’s a good design and even if it doesn’t sell that well just count the work as practice ;) don’t bother paying someone to convert it, just do it yourself and learn :)

126 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • United Kingdom
matt5409 says

Thanks for the reply! I also submitted a WP theme (I designed it, paid somebody to build it) and it got rejected. That was wounding. So I decided to go the HTML template route and this hasn’t exactly paid off either. I do remain hopeful that a WP version would sell better (it has to, lol).

Good luck with yours, keep me updated! :)

no-thumbnail
freshface-Support Recent Posts
Threads Started
14 posts
freshface-Support says

Hi matt, with all respect I don’t recommend spending the time to convert your HTML template to WordPress. In my humble opinion it probably won’t generate as many sales as you need in order to justify the effort.

I recommend going on to something new and take the experience you gained with you until you get a HTML template that indicates a promising WP theme.

Good luck!

31 posts
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Egypt
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
ahmedchan says

Yes, my friend , I go with “freshface-Support” in what he said.

126 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • United Kingdom
matt5409 says

Thanks fior your responses. I am going to have a play with the design a little, I think maybe the colours are a little garish for some people. I might also play with the homepage layout. There is life in this thing and I’m going to extract it!

by
by
by
by
by
by