Indeed, why the eval()? I was going to suggest the same as fifty if he hadnt
- Author has had an Item Featured
- Bought between 1 and 9 items
- Exclusive Author
- Has been a member for 5-6 years
- Referred between 10 and 49 users
- Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
- Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
eval is an ancient technique embedded in flash to ‘evaluate’ a certain property. Let’s say you have the name of a movieClip in a string and you have problems passing it, you could try eval(string) and hope it evaluates the string as a movieClip.
Best practise is NOT to use it, people say..
I was using eval() method to write a flash debugger, it wasn’t working, so I figured out some way to make it work. It worked, I deleted the .fla and now I can’t remember how I managed to do that.