• Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Netherlands
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
Daan says

Hello Themeforest.

Could you people please convince me, to buy an iMac? Just some short phrases, points, opinions are good :)

And by the way, I’m not planning on starting a big PC vs Mac argument here. I just want to know why I should go for the Mac :)

Thanks in advance, Daan.

255 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • United States
BuchmannDesign says

You’d be in a group of people who think they’re better than the rest of us! :)

951 posts
  • Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
  • Netherlands
Daan says

Sorry, but I don’t really that’s going to help me.. And, why would I be in that group?

22 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Romania
Cozo says

Well, if I would afford a Mac, I’d buy one for the MAC OSX .

It is maybe the only thing I’d give that much money on a desktop/laptop for.

It is the most beautiful and stable OS, with little to no chances of getting viruses.

Any designer should have something like that, although we can’t all afford one.

And considering CODA , it’s an awesome environment to work in ;)

That’s my take on MACs, the rest is just eye-candy.

2263 posts Bird is the word..
  • Elite Author
  • United States
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
+3 more
jonathan01 says

because you can run both mac OSx with it’s browsers and windows and it’s browsers side by side so testing is very efficient – plus the OS is great – no blue screen of death – no drivers – nice looking machine that doesn’t have 21 wires coming out of it – no viruses etc

Just a smoother experience all around.

Hope that helps.

951 posts
  • Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
  • Netherlands
Daan says

Hehe, yes.. That helps alot :)

34 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Slovakia
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • Won a Competition
janokeselak says

Hi Daan,

the best thing you can do is to pay a visit to the nearest mac store in your neighbourhood, see it, and TRY IT . Apple staff is usally (my experience) really nice and they are willing to help.

My reasons for choosing mac were pretty simple. It is stable, beautiful, fast and it helps keeping my work-flow easy and quick.

Everyone has their own preferences, and something important for me does not have to be so important for you, so as I said, the best thing you can do is try it and see if you like it :)

good luck

951 posts
  • Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
  • Netherlands
Daan says

Hehe, believe me.. I’ve tried them :) even in combination with a wacom cintiq 21ux. I found macs to be really nice, but the real reason for this topic is, I’m still quite young, and for some reason my mom doesn’t want me to get a mac.. So I’m looking for reasons from mac users to convince her :)

Btw, we don’t have official apple stores here in the Netherlands, only “premium resellers” which just buy apple products, and sell them again :P

20 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
  • United States
pixelpushr says

I’ve owned a few Mac’s in my day and I would never (unless paid) go back to a Windows machine. Yes Apple has a high price tag, but it’s well worth it in my opinion.

But just to clear something up that drives me crazy… YES THERE ARE VIRUSES FOR MAC , same as there are viruses for every other operating system out there being used by large groups of people. Granted there are significantly fewer viruses for Mac as it’s a smaller percentage of the market share and generally more secure than a PC out of the box.

Do a little research – ask the oracle (google).

2017 posts Review Manager
  • Envato Staff
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Australia
  • Beta Tester
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Repeatedly helped protect Envato Market against copyright violations
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
+7 more
jremick Staff says
You’d be in a group of people who think they’re better than the rest of us! :)

lol, that’s what a typical PC user would say.

- -

I’ve owned and built many computers over the years and once I had to use a Mac (my first graphic design job) I hated it at first (I was a typical PC guy). Then, about two weeks later, I fell in love and haven’t looked back. :D

From my experiences Apple supports their products better than any other computer manufacturer and has a huge advantage, they control the hardware and the software so they work beautifully together. OS X is the best operating system I’ve used to date and has been the most stable by far. I bought my first personal Mac (an iMac) 1yr 9mo ago and it hasn’t had a single issue. It has never crashed, the hardware hasn’t had any issues and it does great in the performance department. You don’t have to defrag your hard drive as often (I do it about once every 6 months), etc., etc.

This is the easiest to use, most capable and most reliable system I’ve ever owned. I’ve used it for digital audio out to my surround sound system for movies with a 26” HDTV hooked up as a second monitor and watched 1080p movies, used it as a router for everyone in my apartment, web development, etc., etc. I could go on about how great Mac products have been for me but I’ll shut up now. :)

Oh, also, people always complain about Mac’s being expensive but I think they’re worth the price. All the computer illiterate family I’ve had that has switched to Mac no longer calls me for tech. support, lol.

Oh yeah, Coda is on Mac! (and tons of other amazing apps)

by
by
by
by
by
by