130 posts
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • United Kingdom
deanb says

Since the redesign I have noticed you do not get lots and lots of postings on the items comments such as cool, great item etc. But I am wondering why?

Is there the same number of people viewing the files? Are the files of late just not so Great? Or does this show the redesign is making the whole experience that much slower for people they cant be arsed?

Not a major problem unless it is the later.

492 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • India
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
avenue28 says

I think it is because the new items are no longer shown on the bottom of all pages (new items, blog posts and forum threads). I always used to notice news files from the bottom of these pages while browsing.

3433 posts Ruben Bristian
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Won a Competition
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 500 and 999 users
+5 more
KrownThemes says
Since the redesign I have noticed you do not get lots and lots of postings on the items comments such as cool, great item etc. But I am wondering why?
This is a really good thing :) I hate those kind of comments.. they are totally irrelevant and unnecessary.
130 posts
  • United Kingdom
deanb says

I totally agree flasher especially when the file was clearly shite

492 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • India
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
avenue28 says

I think the concern here should be more about file exposure and not about these kind of comments. People are commenting less – so does it mean there is less exposure? I think there is definitely less exposure.

130 posts
  • United Kingdom
deanb says

That was my point really, if the number of comments have halved does it give an indication to anything else?

Could just be that leaving a comment now takes a few seconds more, or have the number of item views dropped since the redesign.

1660 posts
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Won a Competition
  • Exclusive Author
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
+4 more
flashedge says
I totally agree flasher especially when the file was clearly shite

I noticed this too. Even with the worst item had random good comments. They either have real bad tastes or just spamming over to get some visibility.

7178 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Beta Tester
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
+1 more
doru says

I sometimes make those “great” comments, but rare :| , and only on files that I like. I don’t do that for exposure or something, but I understand the point

Also I never make a “review” about the file with in my comment, to not give some wrong impression, like appear over infatuated or “superior” or something. So posting words like “great file” or some alternative, its an mandatory choice. I do this only with files that I like and if I have time to comment, also I do not post negative comments on files that have not so great quality for obvious reasons.

So I understand the idea of treating those comments as some sort of spam, but some times its not intentionally.

Returning to the point of this thread, I say that sales are important and not the comments.

1092 posts
  • Netherlands
  • Has been a member for 7-8 years
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Contributed a Blog Post
+2 more
Reconcept says

I don’t know about exposure, but in the last week I’m selling about twice as much (yes 200% really) than other months. I don’t know if that’s for the redesign, but at least I haven’t added any new files in the last two months so that can’t be it.

Though as iceonflames says maybe they can replace the ‘marketplace-switcher’ explanation on the bottom with the old file box.

1633 posts fueledweb.com
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 7-8 years
+1 more
RimmonTrieu says
I don’t know about exposure, but in the last week I’m selling about twice as much (yes 200% really) than other months. I don’t know if that’s for the redesign, but at least I haven’t added any new files in the last two months so that can’t be it. Though as iceonflames says maybe they can replace the ‘marketplace-switcher’ explanation on the bottom with the old file box.

may be you don’t know your Carousel file was placed in the front page last week (it’s a bug and happens sometime) which explain the boost of sale :)

by
by
by
by
by
by