556 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • United States
ThemeScience says

Someone copied my theme name that I have been trying to get approved here, The reviewers are fully aware of my theme name, and they have just accepted someone using the same name….

What do I do?

54 posts
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • United States
coatsrc says

I am guessing submit a support ticket or change the name of your theme

556 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
ThemeScience says

I am guessing submit a support ticket or change the name of your theme

I am guessing that because My theme isn’t “Ready” it is first come first serve…. My theme was submitted over a month ago, so it should be honored that my theme is the original..

But i don’t think Envato works that way… This place seems to be cut throat like that.

4594 posts
  • Envato Staff
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Canada
  • Community Ambassador
  • Beta Tester
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
+7 more
KingDog Staff says

ThemeScience, fell free to contact Support and see if they can do anything for you. We certainly don’t aim to be cut throat :)

556 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
ThemeScience says

ThemeScience, fell free to contact Support and see if they can do anything for you. We certainly don’t aim to be cut throat :)

I just contacted support, but doubt they will do anything. Thank you for your response.

4264 posts ThemeForest Reviewer
  • Envato Staff
  • Reviewer
  • Community Moderator
  • Venezuela
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
+9 more
Ivor Reviewer says

Someone copied my theme name that I have been trying to get approved here, The reviewers are fully aware of my theme name, and they have just accepted someone using the same name…. What do I do?

There are 6076~ approved items in ThemeForest and if you see Kailoon’s numbers here you can find out that — by the time we got our 1 Million members milestone (09/12/2011) — he reviewed more than 26K files.

Let me ask you a question: You really think we should recall all items names? :)

We were not aware of the name of your item and this is not a problem at all – example. Is up to the authors to come up with a unique name.

Hopefully I’ve been able to answer your concerns.

556 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
ThemeScience says

Someone copied my theme name that I have been trying to get approved here, The reviewers are fully aware of my theme name, and they have just accepted someone using the same name…. What do I do?

There are 6076~ approved items in ThemeForest and if you see Kailoon’s numbers here you can find out that — by the time we got our 1 Million members milestone (09/12/2011) — he reviewed more than 26K files.

Let me ask you a question: You really think we should recall all items names? :)

We were not aware of the name of your item and this is not a problem at all – example. Is up to the authors to come up with a unique name.

Hopefully I’ve been able to answer your concerns.

My concern now is that I have to re-brand my entire theme, although it was the Original…

Which I don’t think is playing fair at all!

4264 posts ThemeForest Reviewer
  • Envato Staff
  • Reviewer
  • Community Moderator
  • Venezuela
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
+9 more
Ivor Reviewer says

My concern now is that I have to re-brand my entire theme, although it was the Original… Which I don’t think is playing fair at all!

I’m sorry ThemeScience but It wasn’t the original, yours has been declined. Also a re-brand is not so difficult.

By the way, it may not affect your sales don’t take this too serious. Keep working on that theme I look forward to approve it soon :)

556 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
ThemeScience says

My concern now is that I have to re-brand my entire theme, although it was the Original… Which I don’t think is playing fair at all!

I’m sorry ThemeScience but It wasn’t the original, yours has been declined. Also a re-brand is not so difficult.

By the way, it may not affect your sales don’t take this too serious. Keep working on that theme I look forward to approve it soon :)

That would be nice! A re-brand is a pain in the a** tho…. lol

by
by
by
by
by
by