4 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
newoceans says

Last days I created a site:

• downloaded and installed wordpress
  • downloaded and installed a theme at Themeforest
  • downloaded, installed and configured multiple must have plugins

There’s no real content at the site, other than some dummy content provided by the theme builder.

Now I want to make a copy of this fully configured site, and use it for another site with the same theme. So I have to purchase the theme again, which is fair enough.

My question is: how can I achieve this?

I thought about this:

• Copy site 1 (db and files) and paste it for site 2, including the theme
  • Disable and delete the theme
  • Purchase a second version of the theme
  • Download and install the second version of the theme

However, I’m not sure if everything goes right this regarding license codes and things…

Anyone on this?

BTW I’ve asked this at the helpdesk of the theme builder, but they didn’t know and suggested to ask my question here at Themeforest. See: http://www.kriesi.at/support/topic/how-to-copy-or-duplicate-a-standard-configured-website-on-a-separate-license/

Cheers, Marc

72 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+2 more
ThemesHolic says
4 posts
newoceans says

Hmm, that looks pretty neat, thnx ThemesHolic!

However, my question is about installing the same theme again.

So, what I can do is use the Duplicator plugin to completely copy a site, which is great! But then I’m going to purchase the theme again because I need a second license. How can I install the new version of the theme?

Just by uninstalling and removing the theme which came with the Duplicator, and installing the new theme? And will everything be allright then, regarding the license codes of the themes? That is: will the first site use the license code of the first purchased theme, and will the second site use the license code of the second purchased theme?

72 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
ThemesHolic says

You can use the same theme, simply buy a new license.

4 posts
newoceans says

Thnx, but the theme builder says the license code is stored in the database: - http://www.kriesi.at/support/topic/how-to-copy-or-duplicate-a-standard-configured-website-on-a-separate-license/#post-301766

So if I use the same theme again for the second site, I’ll have the same license code again…

1042 posts
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Contributed a free file of the month
+6 more
greenline says

As far as I understand from their forum, the easiest method after you copy everything on the second website ( http://www.panoramaphotogallery ) is to access directly the database using phpMyAdmin for instance (using cPanel, most hosting providers do offer cPanel for website administration) and just replace in the text field where the license code is stored the first one with the new one.

If you wish, you can contact me after you copy everything on the second website, if you use cPanel I will gladly help you, it’s a simple thing (no charge).

4 posts
newoceans says

Hi Greenline,

Thnx very much for the info and your offer to help! :-)

I’m pretty comfortable with databases and SQL, so changing the data of a field won’t be much of a problem. The thing is: where can I find the field with the license code? Which table, which field?

And besides that, the last comment at their forum, written by an employee of the theme builder, advices me to ask my question at Envato because he’s not sure how those things with license codes really work… So that made me doubt…

Cheers, Marc

by
by
by
by
by
by