93 posts
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • United Kingdom
Alexhughes says

Looking over all the things you’ve brought up I do understand what is being said. It’s just the way you conceive it, which can go either way. Sadly a number of little things have formed to give a big picture of the intention to mimic Envato.

As far as the account is concerned. Originally it was not part of my business and a personal account for me but when I introduced it as a business practice I did not want to open a second account as there was all ready an item on mine so thought as I spend allot of time on here and was going to over sea it anyway I might as well keep it that way. Only now have I thought of seeing if there’s anyway of changing the account name.

Thanks lucky, I hope this is the case!

I have contacted Envato now and will just wait and see what their verdict is.

44 posts
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • United States
byhandinc says

I did a similar thing with my own name. i originally used it for personal purposes, so the username was my first and last name, as yours. I sent a simple support email saying I wanted my username changed and why, and it was changed within hours hassle-free. Good luck.

As for the others… I understand what a domain parker is. I dont understand what point you are making by explaining them. the point to be made is that kind of begging for market run-off is low class.

And if people think that you can’t be sued for trademark infringement unless you copy every letter of a word, I assure you, you are mistaken.

Even a similar sounding name, within the same field, and if seen as a competitor can be grounds for the BEGINNING of an infringement case.

As said twice now previously, it is not the name, nor the design itself, but rather the total picture that when all put together gives an image of an attempt at cloning.

Alex himself now seems to get what I meant, even if it was a misunderstanding, so you would think you all could figure it out as well. If you don’t believe me, just promise to post the first time you get a writ to “Cease and Desist” ...

Why do you think envato changed from eden? why do you think We now use ActiveDen and FlashDen is no more? Trademark law is serious business in our field and I would expect you to know more of the ethics which surround it, as well as the letter of the law.

by
by
by
by
by
by