22 posts
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Located in Europe
94themes says

Hi guys!

My client has a Wordpress site running – and now wants a shop. Since they were already using Wordpress with a nice design I decided to go with WOOcommerce.

However, the ‘standard’ WOOcommerce styling doens’t look brilliant. I am new to WOOcommerce – so I hope someone knows this: Is it possible to buy a WOOcommerce theme here on TF and copy the woocommerce-related files to the current theme?

A small 55$ purchase would be a lot cheaper / easier than coding it myself. ;)

Really hope someone can help me out. Really appreciate it!

Thanks, Robbert

493 posts
  • Has referred 1000+ members
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+8 more
pixelentity says

Nope, because a theme would most likely use custom templates for the plugin so css alone won’t give you the same look. To include custom template files won’t work as well because the custom markup needs the original theme css for layout/additional styling.

3560 posts Ruben Bristian
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+10 more
KrownThemes says

Hey Robbert

It’s possible to copy parts of a theme and use it for your client if you don’t reuse that theme later on. A regular license means that you can use a specific theme in one installation only, so if you limit yourself to that installation you can do what you’ve described.

However, authors might also modify the WooCommerce page templates in their themes or use hooks and filters for the output. So you might not be looking at a simple copy & paste procedure, but a more complex situation.

Anyway, if you’re a developer, i guess you should be able to combine two themes :)

Edit: after seeing @pixelentity’s answer: from the license point of view, yes, you can do this; from the developers point of view it will more complicated, but not impossible..

22 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Located in Europe
94themes says

Hi guys,

Thanks for the quick replies! That’s all I needed to know! I think I go for some custom work then – might take a bit more time but the result will fit better.

Thanks! Robbert

by
by
by
by
by
by