734 posts fifty_tons and CodingJack
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+5 more
50andJACK says

Personally I think it’s weird showcasing a template as your own creation, especially in the place where you bought it from .

I don’t think it’s ileggal, it’s just weird.

3751 posts
  • Located in Spain
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
+9 more
pezflash says

Well. I think is pretty clear. If support answer me with anything interesting for all i’ll post it here.

Agree about being an author of templates doesn’t give you much more credit outside this marketplace.
Agree about it’s weird to use a template for demonstrate your design skills.
Agree about if P&K doesn’t complaint i’ve not a lot of reasons to complaint :P
Agree about the important thing are the sales here an not reputation got with the designs (for that we have our own personal works).
Agree with the fact that my name sounds really weird outside Spain (got a lot of funny anecdotes in my backpack travels around the world)

Again, thanks all for the advices!

412 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+5 more
patrickjansen says
Take out those Tween eng` out of the equation it will be a confusão for many here :P

At least we’d have “new Tween()”, otherwise it’s back to the stoneage of myDur=x; i++; obj.x = i/countersomesinuseasingcalc()distance

1661 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Won a Most Wanted contest
+9 more
flashedge says

If I were you I would nicely contact the guys and ask for a proper credit. It’s always nice to be fair to other wonderful people who contributed to create our work.

I used myself most of the popular frameworks and even flickr feeds of a new york photographer which became a friend of mine after I nicely asked to showcase her shots. I gave everybody a proper credit in the description page of my items. They deserve it for contributing to my work.

The same happens to people who buy our work. Build relationships and stop arguing about who is better and who must be featured. We are all living in the same world.

458 posts
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+12 more
dxc says

I’ve seen a lot of sites that allow you to use their files, but they require you to give credit. Typically that’s for free files, not paid work. Usually that’s done when the exposure is more valuable to the author than money. On ActiveDen we decided a long time ago that authors would rather earn money than have their name on their files.

It looks as though these guys have paid you and, in turn, bought the rights to use your file without needing to give you credit in any way. They’ve done nothing wrong. In fact, this should be taken as a huge compliment since the Creattica reviewers are very, very strict when it comes to aesthetic guidelines.

My one suggestion I’d give to everyone is to submit your work to Creattica before anyone else does. That way you can decide where the credit goes.

I hope that helps clear things up.

2075 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+7 more
LanceSnider says

Oops, I posted from my other account. Still, please consider the above response as the ‘official response.’ :)

3751 posts
  • Located in Spain
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
+9 more
pezflash says

Thanks Lance for your pepper-official answer. :P

29 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Located in Europe
+1 more
FLABOT says

While it somewhat pains me to say this, I don’t think a buyer should ever have to mention that the author of the STOCK file he PURCHASED . As an author it is quite stressful but this is the nature of the business, once you put a stock file for sale, it’s pretty much no longer yours and you will be credited only if the buyer wishes to, they don’t have an obligation. And I think that is perfectly fair, if it was a free file, then by all means, credits should be in order. If buyers would be obliged to mention that they used a stock file, I promise you your sales would not be the same, if you know what I mean.

Cheers !

4140 posts
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Brazil
+3 more
tsafi says
While it somewhat pains me to say this, I don’t think a buyer should ever have to mention that the author of the STOCK file he PURCHASED . As an author it is quite stressful but this is the nature of the business, once you put a stock file for sale, it’s pretty much no longer yours and you will be credited only if the buyer wishes to, they don’t have an obligation. And I think that is perfectly fair, if it was a free file, then by all means, credits should be in order. If buyers would be obliged to mention that they used a stock file, I promise you your sales would not be the same, if you know what I mean. Cheers !

What stuff you smoking? You say “once you put a stock file for sale, it’s pretty much no longer yours” what crazy web site will state that? If that the case let the admin fix also any bug issue and pay the full money for copyright violation since it not the Dev` file any more , and don’t forget admin to give full free support since it not our file any more ,it’s a bad business amigo.

4247 posts
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+5 more
Aw_Shucks says
While it somewhat pains me to say this, I don’t think a buyer should ever have to mention that the author of the STOCK file he PURCHASED . As an author it is quite stressful but this is the nature of the business, once you put a stock file for sale, it’s pretty much no longer yours and you will be credited only if the buyer wishes to, they don’t have an obligation. And I think that is perfectly fair, if it was a free file, then by all means, credits should be in order. If buyers would be obliged to mention that they used a stock file, I promise you your sales would not be the same, if you know what I mean. Cheers !
What stuff you smoking? You say “once you put a stock file for sale, it’s pretty much no longer yours” what crazy web site will state that? If that the case let the admin fix also any bug issue and pay the full money for copyright violation since it not the Dev` file any more , and don’t forget admin to give full free support since it not our file any more ,it’s a bad business amigo.

Si. Developer still own copyrights. Ug. Purchaser of product still must obey copyright laws. Credit of development of site structure, interface, backbone (code) still go to developer who developed it. Ug. But agree, some cases do not require the buyer to give credit in writing. But it is respectful to not take credit for what you do not do.

by
by
by
by
by
by