• Europe
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
nicdark says

Hello guys,

ThemeForest today has published the following theme [link removed].

@ Stylemediavn The author has taken much inspiration from my theme [link removed] and used the same background images, the same patterns and also part of the code developed by me.

has ever happened to you? What can I do?

Thank you and good work

115 posts A hunch is creativity trying to tell you something.
  • Elite Author
  • Won a Competition
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Bulgaria
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
+1 more
bilbo_b says

Open support ticket and then paste the ticket number at envato twitter page https://twitter.com/envato

109 posts
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Philippines
dunhakdis says

Hmm, looks the same, but this theme [link removed] imho me is kinda unique, however both themes have similarity, if you visit corporate category, you’ll see how many themes have similar genre. I think the author didn’t copy everything from your theme but taken some few inspiration, just like any other themes.

One thing that I’m curious about is that how did you know the author uses part of the code you’ve developed? As of the moment I’m writing this, the said theme has no sales.

Anyways, I’m planning to purchase the said theme, but I’m thinking about it as it might be taken down.

Good luck to both of you :)

10 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
tagrendy says

Hahahaha dude, some people.. They are the same! He took the design, broke it into multiple pages, tweaked few things and reviewer probably didn’t notice as such designs don’t come often.

Please do contact the support and let us know how it goes. Also, the submenu jumps each time when hovering on item, as that part of CSS he probably wrote himself :mad:

I was almost sure it’s his first theme without even looking. Booo!

4377 posts
  • Beta Tester
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Community Ambassador
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
+4 more
Dzinc says

Hi guys, we appreciate the intention of such matters being quickly posted in the forums, however, we politely ask that any/all copyright infringement related issues be reported directly to Envato Support.

In order to abide by Forum Rules, all item links have been removed and the thread has been locked. If you need any further help/clarification, support staff will be glad to assist. Thanks for your understanding.

by
by
by
by
by
by