2304 posts aspire to create - create to inspire
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+9 more
Creattive says

(I’ve posted this some days ago in audiojungle forums, and asked a moderator to switch it to all marketplaces. Since nothing happened I create this new thread, please delete the other one).

Dear envato-staff,

I was glad to help you with copyright infringements on your own marketplaces, as I thought I can help every honest author here when everyone starts to report stolen work.

But I have to say that I am discouraged in reporting any further infringements I come across when you just DON’T DO ANYTHING.

On February 8th, I’ve reported an Audiojungle file that clearly breaks the law as it is a part of a very well known Score-Pack by Videocopilot. The author even ADMITS this in the item’s comments.

On February 12th, I was contacted by envato that I shall provide them the original song. Well, lucky for envato I have bought the pack, but even without you could clearly identify it – imo. So I sent you a watermarked version of that track. I’ve never heard back from you.

The file is still online today.

On March 21st I’ve reported a videohive item that obviously – as it is written in the very own item’s description – is breaking the rules. The file remained online and gained further sales for about a week.

The author removed the illegal part of the template because I assumed that he obviously doesn’t know that it is against the rules and dropped him an email.

a week later, I got a response from envato. They didn’t even read my message as they just told me they will refund me – I didn’t purchased the file, I’ve reported it because of copyright infringement that was clearly written in the description…

Please staff, I know support has lot of work to do – but for god’s sake prioritize mails about copyright infringements. It does make no sense to send you a support ticket when there is a copyright issue, if you need two weeks two barely read that message.

1505 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+5 more
LumenMedia says

I heared some audio fx of one guy here and though i cant directly point to exact library, i surely heared it earlier. The quality of sounds was bad, you can easily hear low bitrate mp3 compression. So it looks like they are stolen. I suggest to register new author on AJ using our real passport scans. Can it help to be more resposible and serious about uploading sh*t? I dont know, but may be someone will think twice before uploading stolen music or fx

+9 more
Creattive says

Who’s the original copyright owner of the score pack?

Videocopilot or Andrew Kramer. Not me, of course, I’d send a DMCA note in that case.

But if some authors here are making money with stolen things it is a) bad business and b) unfair competition.

128 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
caneration says

Agree guys.. There is a structure word in marketplaces; “Ask to Envato Support” but if you have tried to ask them, nobody answers. (Or they answer 1 month later). Strange…

1570 posts
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+6 more
AndrVlad says

To have marketplaces healthy, clean and prevent possible copyright sue risks envato need responsible person (ideally fulltime) per marketplace who will do infringements check and resolve here and on the external resources. If it’s so easy to stole something, sell here or there and make some easy money it’s big, huge issue to demotivate authors, confuse customers, and reduce earnings at the end.

Best regards, Andrey

7650 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Europe
+5 more
doru says

a week later, I got a response from envato. They didn’t even read my message as they just told me they will refund me – I didn’t purchased the file, I’ve reported it because of copyright infringement that was clearly written in the description…

unbelievable.

6029 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+8 more
VF says

unbelievable.

This is what happens when we have good quantity of support staff in hand “enough” to move the queue faster but not prepare them to solve issues.

7650 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Europe
+5 more
doru says

unbelievable.
This is what happens when we have good quantity of support staff in hand “enough” to move the queue faster but not prepare them to solve issues.

I’m ok with everyone making a living but if buyers get this kind of answers then we lose them.

You can’t be the buyer slave but if you don’t even read what the message to support, then maybe you should go dig holes for a living because you are just creating damage to the marketplace and authors.

6029 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+8 more
VF says

I’m ok with everyone making a living but if buyers get this kind of answers then we lose them. You can’t be the buyer slave but if you don’t even read what the message to support is then maybe you should go dig holes for a living because you are just create damage to the marketplace and authors.

Yeah, especially when the issue is related to copyright.

+9 more
Creattive says

Well at the time they responded there was no illegal part mentioned in the description anymore, which is probably why support staff thought I must have bought the item to know that.

Nevertheless, the main problem here is that it takes a) too long for support to react and b) they don’t remove illegal content even after it was reported to them.

anyone interested in what audiojungle track I mean: in the logo-section, search for “epic”. it is the first result.

by
by
by
by
by
by