26 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
ruipcsousa says

Hello I am currently making a new project where I use some assets that are not mine. But, and is a big but, there is a release form on the web stating the following:

“You are free: to share – to copy, distribute and transmit the work to remix – to adapt the work Under the following conditions: attribution – You must attribute the work in the manner specified by the author or licensor (but not in any way that suggests that they endorse you or your use of the work).”

Does this actually give me permission to use it?. Should I send a print screen or a link for videohive reviewer to see this information or do I still need to somehow contact the owner (in this case NASA) to use it?

Cheers

339 posts
  • United Kingdom
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
StencilMedia says

I’ve always been under the impression that you can use pretty much anything from Nasa for most purposes, including distribution in a template, as long as you’re not showing any recognisable people in any footage/images, using nasa logos and the like or implying that NASA has sponsored, or is promoting, the work/product/service etc etc. And that you give proper attribution.

So yeah, it’s my understanding that in most instances, you can use NASA stuff for templates. I’d double and triple check their rules though, I’m no space agency lawer!

26 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
ruipcsousa says

yeah I also think the same has you. Actually Each NASA pic on wickipedia comes the permit to use it but still envato rejected saying they weren’t mine. But there is actually a clear sentence stating (you can commercially use this picture)

339 posts
  • United Kingdom
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
StencilMedia says

Did you upload the release with the template? Might be worth giving it a try… making it clear to the reviewer that you’re allowed to distribute it.

by
by
by
by
by
by