586 posts
    Has referred 100+ members Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+9 more
flashato says

@ Ivor

I upload via ftp.
I right click and compress.
My concern is before disable a file are all tests made with the user?
Or because we have tons of support stuff to clear,we just diable the file , give a dropbox link to the user, and ciao ?
I could be on a week queue just due to a non experienced user?
Any way I was just curious on how and why support soft disable files.
Peace and patience :)
Arthur

997 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years Has referred 200+ members Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+5 more
mudi says

Right click and send to zip its thats simple in windows.

409 posts
    Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market Located in Canada Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+2 more
joesacco says

This has happened to me so many times it’s not even funny! Still don’t understand why!?

4323 posts ThemeForest Reviewer
    Has referred 1+ members Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market Member of the Envato Team
+12 more
Ivor Envato team says
flashato said
My concern is before disable a file are all tests made with the user?

Yeah man I know you’re running Lion that’s why I said it’s odd. Staff usually re-download the files and check for any issues.

The procedure is simple: User complains, staff* re-download, issue confirmed, file soft disabled to avoid more complains.

*support staff or reviewers.

It seems like you already contacted support and I do hope you can solve this as soon as possible. As I’m not a VH reviewer I can’t take actions but I’ll try to help.

4189 posts Community Mod Building awesome stuff for your mobile devices!
    Has referred 100+ members Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+14 more
Enabled Envato team says

Hey there! If you wish, I can offer you TeamViewer access and you can zip the file and send it back to you computer then delete it yourself to make sure I will not use it! I’ve been uploading files from the same computer from some time now with no rejections for that reason error!

Let me know if I can help you out :)

586 posts
    Has referred 100+ members Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+9 more
flashato says

Thank you guys/gals, really i start this tread not as a complaint about a soft disable, but just to understand what’s under the hood when you have a file soft disable.
As I mention earlier when someone had this trouble and contact me, 100% of cases where some issues from the user side.
That can happend, I understand, we are here to help users,no matter about authors :(
File has been resubmitted
VH reviewers are are very busy now so ,no rush, life is nice…
Peace :)
Arthur

1141 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years Has referred 1+ members Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
KarmaThemes says

I love your peaceful attitude Arthur, keep it up! Saluto di Austria :)

135 posts Imagination is only your limitation
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years Has referred 1+ members Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+8 more
Motionworks says

This must be very painful, Disabling the product is a pretty sure loss of Author. And that was a very neat and clean Template gaining more and more sales. This is not a justice i think. Buyers must have a knowledge to unzip files. or At least they can search the solution online. Or they can contact Author Directly. Support must understand the situation of Authors

Regards, Motiownorks

139 posts
    Has referred 1+ members Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
+1 more
nugas says

Hi Videohive,

This is my first time upload to video hive. I am in such a pain and i can not explain. I made a Valentine AE project and it’s around 450 mb and uploaded via Leap ftp 9 days before after working for more than a week in this project. Unfortunately, i just got email saying the zip file is corrupted. It was indeed not one time upload; I resumed it in the middle. I am wondering how FTP uploads can corrupt files when the server supports resume capabilities. Let’s say for any reason even if the uploaded zip file is corrupted, isn’t their any automatic zip-testing processes in the server so that the user gets notifications immediately or so without wasting such a long days of queue waiting? I am again uploading the file but after 2 hrs I have been disconnected and again resuming. But this time, I am making sure that the zip is not corrupt by re-downloading from ftp. I Hope this solves the corrupt issues by investing few extra hours to re download.

My another request besides this ‘auto testing zip’, is: isn’t there any system to prioritize uploading based on the Special Occasions / Events like Valentine Day, New Year, Christmas? In this way users will be motivated to create projects for Special Events and company will also benefit to the most.

Now my biggest concern is how long do i have to wait in queue for re-submitted corrupted files? It’s already Feb 9 and I am afraid I won’t be able to meet for Feb 14. All my nights efforts will be in vain. Please Please Please do help.

3717 posts Community Moderator
    Has referred more than 5000 members Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+9 more
quickandeasy Envato team says

Old thread, attracting spam.

Locked.
by
by
by
by
by
by