6 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
Steamed says

Hi there i have had 2 weeks of working through constant problems with the Cosmox theme and finally it won’t work at all. I’m a noob with wordpress so I’m feeling very clumsy and only really following tutorials from the vendor. Apart from the fact that the page builder wouldn’t work correctly now I tried reinstalling the theme but it shows broken links… it doesn’t make a great deal of sense to me but this is what it says:

The following themes are installed but incomplete. Themes must have a stylesheet and a template.

Name Description PSD Stylesheet is missing. documentation Stylesheet is missing. dummy_data Stylesheet is missing. patterns Stylesheet is missing. plugins Stylesheet is missing.

The only other themes installed are the two wordpress themes Twenty Eleven and Twenty twelve. I have tried uninstalling all plugins and trying again but all to no avail.

The other error that shows up is:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 491520 bytes) in /home/mysite/public_html/wp-includes/SimplePie/Misc.php on line 843

I have tried sifting through the theme folder to replace each individual file but I’m not sure what else to do.

I’ve contacted the theme vendor Ozythemes about 5 days ago and I haven’t heard back from them at all, any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Steamed

3862 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has collected 500+ items on Envato Market
  • Nominated Community Superstar of the month
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+1 more
charlie4282 says

Sounds like you are trying to install the whole download from here. You need to unzip te download as ONLY install the theme file itself NOT psd or documentation. Ideally you should seek to wipe the database clean and start a fresh if you want to really start over properly

4377 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Attended one of our Meetups around the world
+6 more
Dzinc says

Hi Steamed, in addition to Charlie’s tip, please follow the steps from the helpful visual guide below. It will help you to successfully install/activate your WordPress theme.

For additional troubleshooting, be sure to check the theme’s documentation, and/or contact the author. Please let us know if you need any further assistance. Good luck.

6 posts
Steamed says

Hi Dzinc,

Thanks very much for your help. I did try that but that’s where the problems originally started. it would NOT load via WP, I had to add it via cpanel. I also sent that technical request through to Ozythemes with no reply for ages and had to pay a third party to install it for me. It worked for a while but then the pagebuilder didn’t work so i tried deleting it and reinstalling it the same way but that’s when i ended up with the broken links.

I’m still waiting to hear back from Ozythemes since my recent technical support request… 6 days no answer.

If only i knew how to wipe the database clean i’d try that too. :(

6 posts
Steamed says

I decided to reinstall WP and then the theme, it is working much better this time around but for some reason when I try changing the theme option > layout to whatever layout options are in the drop down box, it says it’s saved but nothing ever changes. The site and colour schemes stay exactly the same. Does anybody know what cause this, or more importantly how to fix it?

I can change the colour of the menu items and the hover colours which is good but I want to change the layout colours too…. any ideas.

FYI, I still haven’t heard back from Ozythemes in relation to my last inquiry.

6 posts
Steamed says

I’m not sure if this is where I’m supposed to asking all of my technical questions relating to the Cosmox theme but as I’ve mentioned previously there is no point asking Ozythemes through their technical support ticket function as they never reply.

If I want to use this ‘Meet the team’ page as seen here http://cosmox.ozythemes.com/features/our-super-team/ How exactly do I change the photos, email addresses etc and names for each person in each box, it does nothing to explain it on the ‘Hot to’ page… as you can see here http://cosmox.ozythemes.com/help/shortcodes/team-listing/

there is nothing in the edit section of the page that let’s me change anything but the colours and title name or sub title. I expected it to be something i did within the page builder but that section of the demo page is empty, even the shortcuts manager page only shows the code but not how the images and associated persons particulars get entered.

i’m totally confused, can anybody help me please?

PS. I still need assistance with my previous post.

Thanks very much

1612 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Contributed a free file of the month
+9 more
DaniMun says

Hello Steamed,

Please get in touch with me via the contact form on my profile page. I may be able to help you out.

Dani

6 posts
Steamed says

Hello Steamed,

Please get in touch with me via the contact form on my profile page. I may be able to help you out.

Dani

Message sent – thanks

1612 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Contributed a free file of the month
+9 more
DaniMun says

Hello Steamed,

Dani
Message sent – thanks

Just replied :)

6 posts
Steamed says

I’ve managed to the get the revolution image slider to work and it looks great except that the images are not fully showing. What I mean is that they are exactly 906px x 460px which is the exact settings I put into the slider settings but about 15% of the bottom of the image is hidden / cropped. Is there a certain amount of guess work involved in getting the images to the right size or have I missed something?

Thanks in advance.

by
by
by
by
by
by