181 posts
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Located in Turkey
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
gokhan214 says

could you guys please give me some ideas about what to improve on my theme? it got rejected and the answer i m given is it looks like a freebie somebody please tell me something before i delete work of 2 months

here is the demo

http://cheapunlimitedhosting.eu/bluemagic/index.html
181 posts
  • Located in Turkey
gokhan214 says

sorry for the typing mistake i meaned somebody :D

181 posts
  • Located in Turkey
gokhan214 says

?? any help appriciated

178 posts
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
+2 more
ThemePrince says

Hello,

I’ll be completely honest, because that’s how you’ll learn.

• background is ugly, disturbs the eye
  • logo is simple, ugly
  • no paddings and margins , texts are unordered
  • titles aren’t aligned
  • slider change animation is not pretty
  • footer widgets are unreadable
  • typography issues

And that’s just the homepage…

I suggest you to read tutorials about webdesign and typography, start here: http://webdesign.tutsplus.com/ and here: http://dribbble.com/shots/everyone

Also check the popular items here on themeforest (http://themeforest.net/popular_item/by_category?category=wordpress) and try to analyze them in these topics one-by-one: typography, alignments, constant margins/paddings, etc.

Hope this helps!

Once you know the basics well, you’ll need one thing left: try to be unique and stand out from the generic themes!

Good luck!

181 posts
  • Located in Turkey
gokhan214 says

can you check it out now please, because i was working on the template, now i got it back to how it was

470 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
+3 more
virtuti says

If you have in mind to delete it then there is no sense to put an effort on it. But if you frankly want to rework it and resubmit a certain period of hard work yet is ahead of you.

It is important to realize that website is not a circus, it should be entertaining but entertainment is not the goal, it is elegant decoration but not essentia. The goal is usability in straight meaning of word. How ones can use your website? How one can read what is written in? How much is clear what this website is about? And so on and so forth.

You use fancy slider. As a toy it is fine, but it overlaps the text, and yet text which is placed at the very top of website what means it is the most important part of the whole page. Text becomes hard to be read, slides become annoying. Will somebody read what is written if it becomes so difficult and the difficulty is caused just by movement of some unnecessary toy…

Second thing–why this very important portion of text is collapsable? I see it once again as a fancy toy which is absolutely unnecessary here. You can use toggling boxes, of course, but it must be applied to something secondary or for example to continuing text while the preface (or most important part of it) already has caught reader’s attention–in this case you can afford toggling box.

And of course you should take into consideration everything Theme Prince mentioned above. It is important in order to keep working on your template.

Wish you good luck, Tanya

181 posts
  • Located in Turkey
gokhan214 says

Thank you very much to both of you, i really appriciate your helps, you 2 have been giving the best explanations, thank you so much, unfortunately, i am not really an animation lover either but i have a friend in real, who has forced me to do it and unfortunately, i got busy with the unimportant things, instead of improving my skils.

470 posts
+3 more
virtuti says

It is fine that you have accepted critique positively, not everyone is able:))) Listen to yourself, if you feel that you dislike something or disagree in depths of your mind with something–do not do that. I often make fancy things too, but if I feel it is too much (does not matter how much in fashion it is) I trash things without any regret. One of the reasons why I dislike Flash websites is that I hardly understand what these websites are about–animations, graphics, effects fill the brain yet before I start to understand what is this website at all. And essence is getting lost in the meantime. With modern js possibilities websites become too much entertaining like those Flash sites and we should learn how not to cross the lines, how to keep essence in balance with decorativeness, and it is not that easy, effects are tempting, no doubt:)))

Wish you the best in your work, Tanya

470 posts
+3 more
virtuti says

By the way, I like very much the effect with falling social icons–they fall unexpectedly, amaze for a half of a second, stop and do not disturb an eye anymore, this is good. Exactly the balance between essence and entertainment–that what I was talking about above.

181 posts
  • Located in Turkey
gokhan214 says

thanks :) and of course i d accept the critiques positively since i asked for the opinions myself because i wanna do this so much, nothing to do with the money, i guess you are all able to understand the feeling you have when you complete a hard work and watch it hours long :)

by
by
by
by
by
by