130 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in United Kingdom
deanb says

I have just started to make a mobile alternative site as our existing one has lots of flash and I have decided to keep the flash for our main site.

I have completed one page, could someone with an iphone or android phone have a look and see if it works ok, none of the links work except the photo galleries for the properties.

m.theresorts.co.uk/mm-apartments1.html

Cheers in advance!

3701 posts Community Moderator
  • Helps us moderate the forums
  • Contributed a tutorial on Tuts+
  • Located in Netherlands
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+9 more
Joost Volunteer moderator says

Tested on iPhone 2G: main page looks great, as well as the photo galleries! Keep it up ;)

2309 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+5 more
theflyingtinman says

Looks great in landscape mode on the Samsung Galaxy Tab. My only issue is that when I turn it to portrait it momentarily looks good (since the 7” screen is large enough to show a useful portrait mode) but then you appear to force the site to larger and scroll left/right (perhaps assuming a small phone screen, which would make sense). You will probably get the same complaint on the iPad. If there is a way to detect the screen size (in inches) of the device type (pad vs phone) then I would recommend not forcing a larger, scrolling view when displayed in portrait mode on a tablet rather than a phone.

130 posts
deanb says

Cheers Joost!

theflyingtinman – I have just updated the page so it should work ok on a galaxy tab, if you get a couple of minutes could you have another look for me, thank you in advance. I have just been able to check on an ipad and this now works ok.

LeatherwingStudios
LeatherwingStudios Recent Posts Threads Started
552 posts
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+1 more
LeatherwingStudios says

looks very nice on Android (HTC EVO )!

only issue I saw is the page optimizes for the current phone orientation when it first loads and then does not adjust for a changed orientation until I change to a different page.

130 posts
deanb says

Hi Simplejim, does it work now, I have added updateOrientation(); code which i know works for iphone not sure about android devices though.

2309 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+5 more
theflyingtinman says

Cheers Joost! theflyingtinman – I have just updated the page so it should work ok on a galaxy tab, if you get a couple of minutes could you have another look for me, thank you in advance. I have just been able to check on an ipad and this now works ok.

Looking good on the Galaxy Tab now.

by
by
by
by
by
by