3869 posts Community Moderator
  • Had an item that became a weekly top seller
  • Helps us moderate the forums
  • Taught a course or tutorial on Tuts+
  • Located in Netherlands
+10 more
Joost
says
If all else fails just go in with an outrageously high price saying you’re open to negotiation… haha, that might do the trick if you don’t scare them away.

Haha, that’s what my mate did – went for 25k and a milkshake, and then the guy asked what flavour of milkshake he wanted ;)

I have seen a few millionaires who made their money from projects started in school. Maybe you should think about not selling but allow them to invest instead. Get them working on graphics and stuff.

Although this seems like quite an aluring idea, I think our concept might not be unique enough to exploit in such a fashion. I guess we could give it a try, though, by adding less generic features.. there’s a mad long summer holiday coming up, so I guess there’s time..

I’m no gamer (or more accurately no longer a gamer) so this maybe a naive question, but why would this be called a MMORPG ? I thought that in MMORPGs the player takes on the Role of a character within the game, like WoW or D&D. This looks more like a RTS (Real Time Strategy) game, like the original Warcraft series.

I guess you’re right there – my definition of MMORPG had gotten too wide, and I lost track of what I ment with it ;) MMORTS seems a much better name. My bad.

• Located in Netherlands
+10 more
Joost
says

I don’t mean to be spammy, but I’d very well like even an extremely rough estimate.

How rough, you ask? Well.. This rough.

296 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Achieved the monthly Community Superstar Award
+4 more
theninja
says
I don’t mean to be spammy, but I’d very well like even an extremely rough estimate.

How rough, you ask? Well.. This rough.

Lol ! After looking around, the price range for a site like yours on an auction site seems to be between 2000 and 5000 dollars… but that’s about as rough as this :

I’d say yours is a pretty nice example but with increased traffic/revenue you could sell it for more, it would probably need to appeal to a larger audience though. :D
Think the mmogame series of browser-based games!

510 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+4 more
pxt
says

Really good representations of rough. My original idea of rough was more like this:

557 posts
+2 more
Shaktal
says

Yea, great game! :D

With a little bit of improvement, and the right investors you could make a really good amount of money out of that! :)

Great Job, and the best of luck!
Thomas

831 posts
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
tigerlabs
says

Hm…...

Rough estimate… I don’t know..

$8,000 to $10,000 maybe?

• Located in Netherlands
+10 more
Joost
says

@majd_abdul Thanks for compensating the roughness with awesomeness – it was much needed. Also, I’ve received your e-mail and I’ll consider your offer ;)

Thanks for the estimates, guys! Keep ‘m coming, the more the merrier! ;)

17 posts
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+1 more
darawebdesign
says

Just wanted to say nice work, and I agree with the others that if you got some better graphics then it would be much more valuable.

Roughly how many man hours went into the making of it?

• Located in Netherlands
+10 more
Joost
says

@majd_abdul Thanks for the heads up! I’ll consider to pop him an e-mail sometime soon:)

Roughly how many man hours went into the making of it?

Hundreds of hours. I had to learn PHP while coding this, though, so that cost quite a bit of time too ;)

by
by
by
by
by
by