214 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
Pandemic says

Could you theoretically submit 40 templates at once and dominate the homepage? I’m not planning on doing this; I just thought it was interesting. :P

1148 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
fillerspace says

LOL good luck getting 40 templates approved at the same time!

922 posts
  • Has referred 500+ members
  • Has sold $1M+ on Envato Market and is now a Power Elite Author
  • Has collected 500+ items on Envato Market
+13 more
MDNW says

Darn, you’ve uncovered my plans for worldwide domination!

In all seriousness, I don’t see why you couldn’t do this – That said, I wouldn’t recommend it as you would likely earn less by releasing everything at once rather than staggering releases over time simply because you would be competing with your own products. Plus, it’s likely to aggravate any authors that you push off.

In other words: spamming the homepage is more likely to make you unpopular among the author community than it is to make you $$$. Unless each and every of the 40 products is incredible work, then we’d just have to respect it.

1148 posts
+3 more
fillerspace says

You’d have a hell of a time supporting 40 templates at the same time, and I think that it would be nearly impossible to develop 40 unique templates at the same time without having a bunch of similar-looking ones. Plus, like Epicera said, you’d be competing with yourself.

2023 posts Review Manager
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Member of the Envato Team
+12 more
jremick Envato team says

Yeah, you could do this – but as others have said already, it wouldn’t be the best idea. In order to do that you’d have to create all 40 templates before you start submitting any of them, which means you’ll have a ton of templates just sitting there doing nothing. It’d be better to just upload them one or two at a time as you finish them so they start earning immediately while you’re working on the next ones. ;-)

62 posts
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Located in United Kingdom
bthanki says
LOL good luck getting 40 templates approved at the same time!

Yes I second this but I am not targetting you because as you said you’re not thinking about doing it.
It will be to hard to keep a unique feel going consistently and whoever has the idea to do this (if taken into action at all) shall not recieve many sales as you will be competing with yourself.
2529 posts
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Interviewed on an Envato blog
+11 more
JeffreyWay says

Exactly. Allowed…but don’t do it, unless you want to be beaten up by your fellow authors. :)

1148 posts
+3 more
fillerspace says

I currently have 6 designs in the final stages before submission. Only one is ready to submit, and for the rest I plan to submit them one at a time because I anticipate rejection and revision and I would imagine revising and resubmitting more than one at a time would be a handful.

If someone does manage to submit more than 5 or 6 themes at once, I would suggest submitting to different categories (Restaurant, Portfolio, Church, Nightclub, etc).

715 posts
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Belgium
+1 more
Hy-Studio says

Lol, it’s like doing something like the cartoon Pinky and The Brain :D

56 posts
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in United Kingdom
lukadadiani says

I would have to agree with the statement that you would simply compete with yourself, but I don’t think it’s impossible

by
by
by
by
by
by