75 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
QUAL says

Hello, I’ve completed my first theme and tried to upload.

The problem is the upload panel says “WordPress Theme is required”.

I’m uploading a .zip file which contains all the files for the theme. When I upload that .zip file to a wordpress it normally accepts and activates my theme.

There’s a style.css file, and I put an index.php for /admin folder I use for admin subfolders.

What would be the problem? Thanks.

271 posts Envato Market Support
  • Member of the Envato Team
  • Located in United Kingdom
  • Provided great feedback to improve the user experience on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
+7 more
MhW Envato team says

Hey designistanbul!

That’s a great question! For Wordpress Themes we offer customers 2 download options:

• All files & documentation: This includes your Theme, any child theme, documentation, demo content, .psds etc…
  • Installable Wordpress File: For customers familiar with Wordpress, we offer an “Installable Wordpress File only” download. Simply put, this is the installable Wordpress theme and nothing else in the download.

Have you selected the “Installable Wordpress File” from your uploaded files on the upload page?

Screenshot: http://d.pr/i/lhjU :grin:

- Christian

75 posts
QUAL says

Hi Christian, yes I did that way, I uploaded 2 .zip files. One of them includes only the source files. The second one contains documentation files and the .zip of the source.

The first error I saw was about the headers in style.css; I checked and fixed it. Later it said “Wordpress theme is required.”. I will check again today when I’ll go home and inform you about what I encounter, but what I can say now is, I did what you said.

- I want to ask one more thing: In my theme source; there’s a folder named “admin” which contains admin-subfolder panels to configure my theme. First the form gave an output that this “admin” folder needs a style.css. But in fact I use the styling of wordpress admin classes for my admin-subfolders. I put a style.css but it’s blank. Is this a problem?

75 posts
QUAL says

Now I get the following error: “WordPress Theme Unable to parse comment headers”

Gives no result on Google. I think this is about the description in “style.css”.

75 posts
QUAL says

OK, I found the problem, I zipped the theme folder content directly, once I zipped the theme folder, it accepted.

Thanks for your help :)

by
by
by
by
by
by