Hello, I’ve completed my first theme and tried to upload.
The problem is the upload panel says “WordPress Theme is required”.
I’m uploading a .zip file which contains all the files for the theme. When I upload that .zip file to a wordpress it normally accepts and activates my theme.
There’s a style.css file, and I put an index.php for /admin folder I use for admin subfolders.
What would be the problem? Thanks.
- Envato Staff
- Support Staff
- Has been a member for 5-6 years
- United Kingdom
- Referred between 1 and 9 users
- Bought between 50 and 99 items
- Exclusive Author
- Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
- Attended a Community Meetup
Hey designistanbul!That’s a great question! For Wordpress Themes we offer customers 2 download options:
- All files & documentation: This includes your Theme, any child theme, documentation, demo content, .psds etc…
- Installable Wordpress File: For customers familiar with Wordpress, we offer an “Installable Wordpress File only” download. Simply put, this is the installable Wordpress theme and nothing else in the download.
Have you selected the “Installable Wordpress File” from your uploaded files on the upload page?
Hi Christian, yes I did that way, I uploaded 2 .zip files. One of them includes only the source files. The second one contains documentation files and the .zip of the source.
The first error I saw was about the headers in style.css; I checked and fixed it. Later it said “Wordpress theme is required.”. I will check again today when I’ll go home and inform you about what I encounter, but what I can say now is, I did what you said.
- I want to ask one more thing: In my theme source; there’s a folder named “admin” which contains admin-subfolder panels to configure my theme. First the form gave an output that this “admin” folder needs a style.css. But in fact I use the styling of wordpress admin classes for my admin-subfolders. I put a style.css but it’s blank. Is this a problem?
Now I get the following error: “WordPress Theme Unable to parse comment headers”
Gives no result on Google. I think this is about the description in “style.css”.