I have shortcodes used to create styled tables:
[styled_table] [styled_column] [/styled_column] [styled_column] [/styled_column] [styled_column] [/styled_column] [/styled_table]
In the above example the table would be created with three columns.
The problem I’m having is that I need to automatically count the number of
[styled_column] shortcodes inside the
[styled_table] shortcode so that I can assign the table the correct width.
Does anyone know how I can do this?
Could you use an increment in the styled_columns function and then get it at the end with /style_table?
I’m only just coming across shortcodes so I’m not too sure whether that would work but it’s a thought.
I managed to get it to work using this:
$columns = substr_count( $content, '[styled_column' );
Note the front bracket “[” in the string it searches for so it distinguishes between
- Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
- Community Moderator
- Author was Featured
- Author has had an Item Featured
- Bought between 50 and 99 items
- Referred more than 2000 users
- Has been a member for 4-5 years
- Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations