301 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+1 more
Reachground says

I did it for about 6 months and it was great. Had to move out when my economy couldn’t take it anymore. It’s good to get out and meet people. On the other hand I’m much more effective at home. I’m the worst kind of freelancer. Sat and talked with people an hour after lunch. After a while we all grunted and said “okay then, let’s try to get something done” :).

1000 posts It's in the pipeline!
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+7 more
purethemes says

I share two rooms office with my friend, we pay ~100$ per month and have insanely fast internet connection plus all media included. It’s not the best space (but the cheapest ever), it’s in level -1 so only small basement window, but I couldn’t work more from home. I make 2-3 days of homeworking every 2-3 weeks, but it’s good to have this place where you can just work.

5337 posts The Dude Abides
  • Located in United States
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
+9 more
CodingJack says

It might depend on whether you live with others or not. For example, if you have a roommate/significant other and work at home, it means you’re always there and the roommate rarely ever has the place to themselves as we all need time alone even if just for a short while. In that case I’d definitely consider it. Personally I live alone and although sharing office space would be great for adding a social aspect to work, it isn’t worth spending the money for IMO . But maybe that’s because I’m poor/cheap :D

735 posts
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+6 more
LCweb says

IMO it depends..!

15 months ago I decided to open my web agency and rent a room an office near the city center. In Italy is very very expensive: 200€ / month plus internet, power, water and warming. Totally is around 250/270€ per month .. plus gasoline price (in italy its price now is INSANE ) and loss of time for the car parking.

In short.. I spend lots of money to be much less productive than at home and there is no social interaction. My town is small and people don’t comprehend a bit of the work I do :D

So I decided to leave the office, pay a minimum amount to keep LCweb plate in the office door and work totally at home.

So: think about it and evaluate the costs and the possible benefits.
Have a coworking space with a professional who shares your interests could be an awesome choice to separate your life from your work and be more productive or only a loss of time and money, specially if your coworker is noisy. :D

915 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Won a Most Wanted contest
+5 more
joiaco says

IMO it depends..!

In short.. I spend lots of money to be much less productive than at home and there is no social interaction. My town is small and people don’t comprehend a bit of the work I do :D

Seems my small town is not the only one. I have never been as productive as i am in my home environment, and there is no wasting of time or money commuting. The only interference and distraction is my 2 year old grandson :)

5941 posts
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+8 more
VF says

I like unprofessional noises, so I stay on my house where I can hear sounds from 4-5 different families (very occassional and subtle). Also there are some soft/gentle disturbances from neighbors which keeps socially balanced! :D

Btw, I gained this taste only after 15 years of heavy city noise :P

by
by
by
by
by
by