301 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • Sweden
Reachground says

I did it for about 6 months and it was great. Had to move out when my economy couldn’t take it anymore. It’s good to get out and meet people. On the other hand I’m much more effective at home. I’m the worst kind of freelancer. Sat and talked with people an hour after lunch. After a while we all grunted and said “okay then, let’s try to get something done” :).

985 posts It's in the pipeline!
  • Elite Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
  • Exclusive Author
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
+2 more
purethemes says

I share two rooms office with my friend, we pay ~100$ per month and have insanely fast internet connection plus all media included. It’s not the best space (but the cheapest ever), it’s in level -1 so only small basement window, but I couldn’t work more from home. I make 2-3 days of homeworking every 2-3 weeks, but it’s good to have this place where you can just work.

5310 posts The Dude Abides
  • United States
  • Exclusive Author
  • Elite Author
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
+5 more
CodingJack says

It might depend on whether you live with others or not. For example, if you have a roommate/significant other and work at home, it means you’re always there and the roommate rarely ever has the place to themselves as we all need time alone even if just for a short while. In that case I’d definitely consider it. Personally I live alone and although sharing office space would be great for adding a social aspect to work, it isn’t worth spending the money for IMO . But maybe that’s because I’m poor/cheap :D

672 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
+1 more
LCweb says

IMO it depends..!

15 months ago I decided to open my web agency and rent a room an office near the city center. In Italy is very very expensive: 200€ / month plus internet, power, water and warming. Totally is around 250/270€ per month .. plus gasoline price (in italy its price now is INSANE ) and loss of time for the car parking.

In short.. I spend lots of money to be much less productive than at home and there is no social interaction. My town is small and people don’t comprehend a bit of the work I do :D

So I decided to leave the office, pay a minimum amount to keep LCweb plate in the office door and work totally at home.

So: think about it and evaluate the costs and the possible benefits.
Have a coworking space with a professional who shares your interests could be an awesome choice to separate your life from your work and be more productive or only a loss of time and money, specially if your coworker is noisy. :D

905 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Community Superstar
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • South Africa
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
+1 more
joiaco says

IMO it depends..!

In short.. I spend lots of money to be much less productive than at home and there is no social interaction. My town is small and people don’t comprehend a bit of the work I do :D

Seems my small town is not the only one. I have never been as productive as i am in my home environment, and there is no wasting of time or money commuting. The only interference and distraction is my 2 year old grandson :)

5755 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • India
+3 more
VF says

I like unprofessional noises, so I stay on my house where I can hear sounds from 4-5 different families (very occassional and subtle). Also there are some soft/gentle disturbances from neighbors which keeps socially balanced! :D

Btw, I gained this taste only after 15 years of heavy city noise :P

by
by
by
by
by
by