1685 posts Time is what you desire most, but waste carelessly.
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Elite Author
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Europe
+1 more
Firsh says

I got this man who WILL pick at everything I do, and make changes afterwards correcting himself. It’s kinda tragicomical but I won’t leave him until we are finished.

So my question is what would you do, how would you set up a banner rotator that has 6 images just normal fade in and out, but the transition time and the slide time will be likely to change. Also the hardest part that he needs 2 separate lines of text for each slide. He probably wants different looks for the text on each slide, and these would come in from the sides. Some from the sides some from 45degrees tilted, meeting each other in the center and eventually fading out before the next slide comes in.

I’d code the whole thing but I don’t want to figure out coordinates on the fly for each text where they come from and where they go. Because we’ll finalize the thing together at a café. If I do it by hand I don’t have access to advanced easing that tweening packs has to offer. And he needs smooth slowing of the texts.

Note: This is not a freelance work request, just need your opinion.

1549 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
dSKY says

put everyhing in external xml file.
All variables that are subject to change , should be put in the xml , so the user can easily change them.

1685 posts Time is what you desire most, but waste carelessly.
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Elite Author
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Europe
+1 more
Firsh says

There is no XML , he won’t change a thing by himself. And it’s a local assignment so the payment in below any of you could think of so I don’t bother with XML . I decided to code all fast, and do animation sequences with tweener for every text on the images, totaling in 12 textfield mc’s. It’s still AS2 .. Using one of my previous work. Just want to get over with it and focus on regular international stuff.

by
by
by
by
by
by