5 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
Mysticfalcon says

Hello,

I want to share my opinion about “creative” category in Themeforest marketplace.

About 80% of files in this category are just copied version of each other, and they are not really creative, they put different kind of same slides, service sections etc.

I think themes like below deserve to be in creative category (they are just several samples I found on web); [Links removed]

As a result when we are searching themes like those or real creative themes, we can not find what we are looking for.

Thanks for reading.

5779 posts
  • Member of the Envato Team
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Located in Canada
  • Joined us in one of our Envato Live Events
+13 more
KingDog Envato team says

By all means you can submit new and creative themes :-) Certain styles and layouts become popular with buyers, and that’s why you may see some similar styles that fill that demand. But style and taste change, and we certainly don’t stand in the way of that.

I also had to remove your links as we don’t allow linking to outside marketplaces or promotion on the site. Thanks! :-)

5 posts
Mysticfalcon says

So I can only recommend you to create a new category which covers only “different style”, “creative” themes like shown examples.

This is just a feedback from a buyer. Because its becoming really very hard to find really creative theme or real different style theme to buy.

Thank you.

5779 posts
  • Located in Canada
+13 more
KingDog Envato team says

“Creative” is a bit subjective for a heading :-) We’re hoping when we introduce our faceted search that we can make it much easier to find exactly what you’re looking for without having to completely rely on the category headings.

5 posts
Mysticfalcon says

Thanks for your reply. I’m really sure it will be perfect.

5779 posts
  • Located in Canada
+13 more
KingDog Envato team says

Thanks for your reply. I’m really sure it will be perfect.

We’ll try our best :-D

2 posts
Gryet says

I was about to create a topic like this.

I really used to like ThemeForest for the skilled designers that made very creative designs. For all of my clients that did not want a unique layout, I always took them to ThemeForest to see if we could find something, and mostly we could.

But for the last year or two, I find it really hard to spot the creative designs here. Weekly I scan the designs on the frontpage, and the majority of them are almost the same. This goes for both websites and admin templates.

I know this is because designers use pre-made templates for their designs, like Bootstrap and others. But ThemeForest is just drowning in identical sites that only differ by a few colors, a font and a few images of imaginary employers.

I miss the old days where creative themes were really creative.

654 posts
  • Won a competition
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Australia
+7 more
simonswiss says

I think there is a misinterpretation of the word “creative” here.

The creative category for WordPress themes is not a category for themes that are ‘creative’, or original, standing out of the crowd… It is for themes that are suitable for creative agencies (that need to show a portfolio of their work). They all look similar because they all propose a sortable portfolio and similar features that creatives need to showcase their work.

Some users have come up with collections (public) that show the most creative themes out there – worth a look!

5 posts
Mysticfalcon says

I think there is a misinterpretation of the word “creative” here.

The creative category for WordPress themes is not a category for themes that are ‘creative’, or original, standing out of the crowd… It is for themes that are suitable for creative agencies (that need to show a portfolio of their work). They all look similar because they all propose a sortable portfolio and similar features that creatives need to showcase their work.

Some users have come up with collections (public) that show the most creative themes out there – worth a look!

Thank you to clarify, so we can request a new category like “inspirational” or something to easily find what we are looking for about creative themes.

by
by
by
by
by
by