doru says

567 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
iamdok says

I’ve used creative commons attribution licensed images from the web in my last two items. Check out the item description page of the template which is this week’s featured file for the attributions. (: Also none of the images are allowed in the download package.

No problems from the reviewers.

3748 posts
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Won a competition
+9 more
pezflash says
I’ve used creative commons attribution licensed images from the web in my last two items. Check out the item description page of the template which is this week’s featured file for the attributions. (: Also none of the images are allowed in the download package. No problems from the reviewers.

Interesting. Did you contacted the author first? Or is not necessary? If we can use any flickr images with CC license could be great!

567 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
iamdok says

That’s where I got them. Creative Commons on Flickr. Nope I didn’t contact the author, as there is no need, unless of course you want to.

I think the only licence which you can use is the Creative Commons Attribution, as opposed to the CC Attribution non commercial…etc There is a lot of junk on Flickr in this category but you can also find a few authors which have some really good stuff and in high resolution.

One other thing, I think when you give sttribution in your credits area, you need to state that the license is creative commons attribution because one part of this license is making sure that others know what the license is, just in case they in turn use the photos. However in the case of previews only use, it’s not very easy for someone else to use the photos again.

Hope this helps.

ps. I noticed another author here who is using CC images too: collision

That team have used them in several templates and other items recently.

Donagh

by
by
by
by
by
by