110 posts
  • Affiliate Level 1
  • Author Level 2
  • Collector Level 2
  • Wordsmith
+3 more
Atzar
says

Has anyone else on here had these, where you simply can’t think of anything cool to design or make , no matter how hard you try! If you do, is there anything you do to sort of get back your creative abilities?! Usually I just tend to go for a walk or go biking, but it’s not working for me this time! :(

469 posts
  • Affiliate Level 2
  • Author Level 3
  • Collector Level 2
  • Tuts+ Instructor
+5 more
Sleightofhand
says

Yeah any form of travelling or sightseeing gets the creative cogs turning.

I like to read or watch movies, this nails it every time.

Or try relaxing and listening to some music.

Last one, maybe take a trip to a local museum or art gallery?

Sleight

4621 posts
  • United Kingdom
  • Community Superstar
  • Author Level 4
  • Weekly Top Seller
+10 more
ToivoMedia
says

The last time I had a big creative block, I actually browsed a bunch of stuff on Graphic River, including the fonts section. After a while I got inspired about new items to make, and I used some of the cool items I had found as assets in the new designs. Also I have browsed Photo Dune quite a lot, and found a few cool and inspiring images there.

38 posts
  • Affiliate Level 1
  • Author Level 4
  • Bundle Boss
  • Collector Level 3
+2 more
graphikaria
says

Creativity is natural, don’t force it. Take a span and feed your creativity. Go for a trip, relax, chat with friends, feed the cat, take out the garbage, eat something, do the laundry, gaze through the window, but most important… get away from the computer for a while, then creativity will bloom like it naturally should.

The thing is, give it some breath, don’t push it. That’s my personal approach to creativity, and it works for me. I hope it helps.

102 posts
  • 4 Years of Membership
  • Author Level 1
  • Collector Level 2
  • Exclusive Author
+1 more
adrijusg
says

Happens often. Esp. the more you have to design..

I put on some great music I love.. go out to the city to take pictures, drink beer, meet friends, or read a book (Marlon Brando’s biography now) or look at some inspiration websites.. Also, posters on GR have always amazed me and inspired me :)

349 posts
  • Trendsetter
  • Weekly Top Seller
  • Elite Author
  • Author Level 7
+9 more
corrella
says

Oh yes, I know this very well. But I found out, that I can’t do anything against it. Creativity comes back suddenly, as fast as it disappeared :-)

50 posts
  • Affiliate Level 1
  • Author Level 3
  • Collector Level 1
  • Exclusive Author
+3 more
xiaoali
says

I’ve found what has worked if time permits is taking a break all together. Designing can be mentally exhausting. Go have a coffee, a walk, go out with some friends.

Granted if you’re under pressure or deadline, then just have to push through it.

177 posts
  • Affiliate Level 7
  • Author Level 4
  • Beta Tester
  • Collector Level 2
+4 more
DragonSigh
says

895 posts
  • Top Monthly Author
  • Weekly Top Seller
  • Featured Author
  • Exclusive Author
+5 more
YD-LABS
says

Very Useful.. Thanks.. :)

10 posts
  • 3 Years of Membership
  • Author Level 2
  • Collector Level 2
  • Exclusive Author
+1 more
3headcat
says

i’m pretty sure you have alt least one dropped project from the old days when you was just not able to finish what you started do the lack of skills (i know i do). Try to get back to that. idea was probably great and now you can make it alive

by
by
by
by
by
by