1 post
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
bbirdsell says

I was just gearing up to start publishing on here and then realized that they had removed the $43.00 I had left in my account. A “Credit Forfeiture” is what they call it. This completely threw me for a loop. This is pretty crappy and I don’t understand how this is possible. They have my money and they have it with no interest being paid over the course of a year then they just suck the leftovers out. Wow what a gutsy moneymaking scheme they have. I wonder how much money that they get every year from this scheme. So I went and looked at the fine print. Here it is:

21. Envato credits expire: Envato credits expire if not used within 12 months from the date of deposit, and will be forfeited on the 12 month anniversary of the deposit date. If you deposit money to your Marketplaces account at any time during that 12 month period before your Envato credits expire, the total balance of your Envato credits (that is, both the new deposit and the balance of any unused older Envato credits) will become available for a further 12 months from the date of the new deposit. If you don’t use your Envato credits within that further 12 months, the credits will be forfeited on the 12 month anniversary of the new deposit. We generally try to tell you beforehand when Envato credits are going to expire and be forfeited, but this is not always possible and we’re not obliged to warn you. Check your member’s statement regularly for details of expiry dates. If you have different rights under an applicable consumer law, we don’t exclude them.

This statement in my opinion really sux:

We generally try to tell you beforehand when Envato credits are going to expire and be forfeited, but this is not always possible and we’re not obliged to warn you. Anyone else find this disturbing??

2715 posts
  • Member of the Envato Team
  • Joined an Envato Football competition
  • Attended one of our Meetups around the world
  • Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
+16 more
scottwills Envato team says

Hi BB,

Thanks so much for that feedback and really sorry to hear of your disappointment. We actually send out a reminder e-mail that credits are due to expire 4-weeks before they expire. If you missed that e-mail, fear not however, there’s always a ‘Plan B’, hopefully this article will help:

http://support.envato.com/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/View/232/54/why-do-prepaid-credits-expire-after-one-year-unless-i-renew-them

In particular, please note:

“However, at any time, expired deposits are able to be reinstated by contacting support. We are always happy to extend the validity of a deposit. This ensures that anyone who still wishes to use their deposit is able to do so, regardless of its expiration date.”

Shoot Support a quick message, BB, they’ll be more than delighted to assist you. Please note that there are high volumes of tickets right now, but your ticket will be answered in the order it is received.

Good luck! :)

by
by
by
by
by
by