459 posts
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+12 more
dxc says

I like the idea of people buying credits vs just paying for things as they go. I think this will create loyalties. If someone wants a flash clock they will search 3-4 sites for just the right clock. If they have $50 worth of credits at flashden they will buy the clock from flashden. I’m not saying get rid of the ability to just buy something without credits because some people just want 1 file and having a no commitment way to buy will lure them in. Maybe give discounts for buying credits. 50 credits = $50 but only costs $45. Yes you make $5 less for every $50 worth of flash but I think people will end up buying more in the end.

3868 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 7 years
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+9 more
flashjunkie says

hehehehehe that would be like travelling back in time, thats how the site used to be, but we switched to dollars to make things easier :)

i say either stick with dollars or move to £ or €

:)

Jay

4911 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Member of the Envato Team
+9 more
MarkBrodhuber Envato team says

Credits were here a while ago. After trying both methods, FD has chosen to stick with just $$. It was a pain having the two separate. But thats just my opinion.

4911 posts
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Member of the Envato Team
+9 more
MarkBrodhuber Envato team says
hehehehehe that would be like travelling back in time, thats how the site used to be, but we switched to dollars to make things easier :)

i say either stick with dollars or move to £ or €

:)

Jay

Booooo USD all the way! LOL Its going to be worth about .10 everywhere else in the world pretty soon, but its like the underdog, so I’m sticking with it lol

473 posts
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+3 more
apearce says

Yeah, I’ve always wondered, 1 credit was $0.50 and if something was 5 credits we are now paying $5 instead of $2.50, are we now being charged double? Or is there some way of working it out?

3072 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+5 more
wickedpixel says
Yeah, I’ve always wondered, 1 credit was $0.50 and if something was 5 credits we are now paying $5 instead of $2.50, are we now being charged double? Or is there some way of working it out?

... i think this reflects the US economy… $$$ are losing their value :P

4726 posts Interactive Design
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Interviewed on an Envato blog
+8 more
digitalscience says

We’re having a major electricity crisis over here in my country, our government decided they didn’t need to build new power plants a few years back despite the warnings and now we’re having power outages on a regular basis. As a result our currency is weakening daily against the dollar… but on the flip side, I make more from my FlashDen commission so I’m happy :) Would be cool if FD switched to Euro’s though, as the dollar also seems to be weakening.

459 posts
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+12 more
dxc says

If fd has tried both and this is whats better then I am all for it. As far as dollars vs Euros, do we know if more Americans buy or Europeans?

2485 posts Premium Scripts, Plugins and Themes
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
+6 more
LucidStudios says
We’re having a major electricity crisis over here in my country, our government decided they didn’t need to build new power plants a few years back despite the warnings and now we’re having power outages on a regular basis. As a result our currency is weakening daily against the dollar… but on the flip side, I make more from my FlashDen commission so I’m happy :) Would be cool if FD switched to Euro’s though, as the dollar also seems to be weakening.

Same here for the last 2 months and the electricity is cut off after every hour for 30 minutes to 1 hour and that is the reason I bought a brand new laptop.

I lost too much work in last 2 months and but hopefully this month will go well due to my laptop.

3868 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
+9 more
flashjunkie says
Same here for the last 2 months and the electricity is cut off after every hour for 30 minutes to 1 hour and that is the reason I bought a brand new laptop. I lost too much work in last 2 months and but hopefully this month will go well due to my laptop.

Make sure u buy a surge protected socket that way if u are charging and u get a power cut the surge wont fry your laptops motherboard :)

jay

by
by
by
by
by
by