4905 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Member of the Envato Team
+9 more
MarkBrodhuber Envato team says

Ya at my job every computer is equipped with a surge protector power strip, and they all have batteries. So when the power goes out…these things will supply enough juice to keep a desktop running for 30 minutes to 1 hr, and plugged in laptops running for 1.5 – 2 hours.

DS and Sher, if you guys are having power outages that last 30 min – an hour, I would suggest shelling out the 50 – 100 bucks and picking one of these up. They charge up off your homes electric, and then stay charged even if your house loses power. You can continue working until power comes back, and if not you will at least have plenty of time to save your work. :)

2485 posts Premium Scripts, Plugins and Themes
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 7 years
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+6 more
LucidStudios says
Ya at my job every computer is equipped with a surge protector power strip, and they all have batteries. So when the power goes out…these things will supply enough juice to keep a desktop running for 30 minutes to 1 hr, and plugged in laptops running for 1.5 – 2 hours. DS and Sher, if you guys are having power outages that last 30 min – an hour, I would suggest shelling out the 50 – 100 bucks and picking one of these up. They charge up off your homes electric, and then stay charged even if your house loses power. You can continue working until power comes back, and if not you will at least have plenty of time to save your work. :)

Can you show an image of a surge protector? How a surge protector looks like?

4623 posts Love & Light
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Interviewed on an Envato blog
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+8 more
digitalscience says

Good idea, definitely need to get surge protectors. My girlfriends machine has already died, only shows the blue screen of death now. Our last power failure was from 8:30pm to 2:30am on a Friday night :(

3072 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+5 more
wickedpixel says
2485 posts Premium Scripts, Plugins and Themes
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+6 more
LucidStudios says

I know about UPS but I thought surge protector is something different

4905 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Member of the Envato Team
+9 more
MarkBrodhuber Envato team says

Well many surge protectors just look like this, with some type of protection in them, that if the outlet it is plugged into, loses power it will prevent all devices connected to it from shorting out. The thing Wicked linked to is also a surge protector, but goes one better by containing a battery. With just a basic surge protector, your computer will shut off…it just lessens the chances of your whole machine dying, it wont prevent you from losing work. Where as the one Wicked linked to, will do both. We had a power outage here at work about month ago, and I was able to continue working with no power until it came back on.

434 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
assive says

FD please please please switch to Euros. My money goes down the drain after i convert it :(

932 posts
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
JWG says

Yes! I live in the US and would love to switch to Euros. Our currency is dropping like Tracy Lords at 14. Crazy fast! Euros would be better. The dollar isn’t going up anytime soon. Our FED is making sure of that. Of course, I don’t think any currency is going to be worth much within the next year or two.

Except maybe the Yen, Yuan and possibly the Euro

1080 posts
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
Madness says

move to kuwaity dinars … its the highest currency in the world ” bling bling ” :P

3213 posts Point. Counterpoint.
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Joined us in one of our Envato Live Events
+14 more
ADG3studios Envato team says

Yeah but guys.. consider the fact that if FD switches to Euros, yes each sale may be worth more.. but the flip side is buyers may be apt to buy less.. so it would probably even out and be the same… I think the majority of buyers are still in the US.. could be wrong though .. who knows..

It would be a good experiment though :)

by
by
by
by
by
by