26 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has collected 500+ items on Envato Market
gcarpenter says

Photo orientation is critically important to the majority of buyers, but PhotoDune has no way to filter search results by simple portrait or landscape orientation.

For example, if a project requires a landscape-oriented image, all the portrait images that are presented in the mixed search results are pointless.

I can’t begin to emphasize how important this function is. It can take a great deal of time to peruse photographs. Forcing people to also look through a large quantity of unsuitably-oriented photos will mean they see less of what they are looking for, and it will have an impact on sales.

You’ve got to help buyers get to what they are looking for as quickly as possible, and an orientation filter is a must. This is a critical function that should be implemented ASAP .

5633 posts
  • Member of the Envato Team
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Located in Canada
  • Joined us in one of our Envato Live Events
+13 more
KingDog Envato team says

There are big changes coming for our search :)

1562 posts AEdorde.com - After Effects Projects
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has referred 1000+ members
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+9 more
dorde says

Nice to hear that KingDog! I can’t wait for better search :) Please check search by attributes, for example this http://videohive.net/browse/attributes/requires_plugins/no or this kind of search http://audiojungle.net/browse/attributes/looped_audio/no – it’s not working. I hope it will be fixed in upcoming search improvements.
I hope that new search system will include advanced search options with tags, attributes, usernames (for this ajax auto complete field will be great), and maybe more optional search fields depending of marketplace.

1 post
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in United Kingdom
ScubaBadger says

Nice to hear that KingDog! I can’t wait for better search :) Please check search by attributes, for example this http://videohive.net/browse/attributes/requires_plugins/no or this kind of search http://audiojungle.net/browse/attributes/looped_audio/no – it’s not working. I hope it will be fixed in upcoming search improvements.
I hope that new search system will include advanced search options with tags, attributes, usernames (for this ajax auto complete field will be great), and maybe more optional search fields depending of marketplace.

I only want landscape – so without it I have to wade through tons of stuff completely useless to me…. look s like I’m back to fotolia… :-(

104 posts
  • Has sold $1+ on Envato Market
  • Contributed a free file of the month
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
  • Located in Poland
+1 more
gubernat says

I only want landscape – so without it I have to wade through tons of stuff completely useless to me…. look s like I’m back to fotolia… :-(

See for me, maybe one you’re interested

no-thumbnail
matthewleesdixon Recent Posts Threads Started
6 posts
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
matthewleesdixon says

I get the feeling this site is not really geared up for selling stock images.

The search results page really needs to be full width with large thumbnails to sell photo’s.

Shame this place has a lot of potential to be the goto place for graphic Designers.

911 posts Never trust a ballerina with a moustache
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Located in Australia
  • Interviewed on an Envato blog
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+6 more
Carmen says

Hi matthewleesdixon,

We are currently working on our Search and an important part of that is listening to buyers suggestions. I will make sure to forward your suggestions through to the dev team. Thank you again for your feedback.

no-thumbnail
matthewleesdixon Recent Posts Threads Started
6 posts
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
matthewleesdixon says

Add to lightbox is essential in a search and a meaningful ‘Best Match’ or ‘Relevancy’.

The search throws in a lot of junk images with no real commercial value, if the buyer has to dig too deep to find the good images they just move onto another site where it is quicker and easier to find what they need.

by
by
by
by
by
by