556 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • United States
ThemeScience says
Theme Located here. http://adapt.themescience.net/package/Adapt/blog_single_full.html

I’m not sure what it is about this section that needs to be changed… Can anyone point me in the right direction?

=== Why We’ve Declined Your Submission ===

The inner pages, specially the blog, aren’t upto par. This is not what we’re looking for in a premium theme: http://screencast.com/t/1TYGCmiZVL

812 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
iamthwee says

Wow, great improvements from the last time I saw this…

This is a great little responsive theme.

Now down to business… The reviewer is saying this is ‘ALMOST’ good to go except for a few things. These are mainly design issues. First, is the screencast Siddy linked to. What he is saying is your tags styling needs more work. At the moment they look generic. You got blue buttons, make those tags blue too.

Second is the blog. Remember, rule number one, here at TF design in King. So fill that blog with great images… Think about it from a customer’s point of view, they don’t necessarily care if it functions great – although this is important.

You’re selling candy, but at the minute you’ve just shown us the bucket the candy is in. A great salesman sells the candy, and understand the candy is what gets the sale. So fill that blog with great images. If you’re stuck, look at a few items already on sale here. They use links to creattica and dribble. So find yourself some great images and get permission to use them.

Overall, this one is probably in the bag.

812 posts
  • Exclusive Author
iamthwee says

Oops, I forgot to add that screencast is probably also saying you need to style the facebook and google like buttons, so it is different from the bog standard that everyone uses. -(I think)

556 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
ThemeScience says

^ Thank you very much for your response..

Here is some additional feedback from the review team.

“Overall style feels like a mix and match. Half the area feels minimalist and the rest feels complicated.”

I really need help understanding what this means… Is it the “entire” theme that looks like this? Or is it just a section?

“Very bad use of typography” For the life of me, I cannot seem to find the issue here.

As to my thoughts, I honestly feel the inner pages are quite lacking. They simply feel too spartan to be part of a premium theme. Minimalism is one thing—this feels incomplete.

The Inner Pages, does that mean the Blog? The Portfolio Pages? The Contact Page? They are not too different from the other Themes I see here, am I missing something??

Additionally, use of negative space is an issue throughout. For example, here: http://screencast.com/t/Xrg7vI6OJ1i White space plays a massive factor in how the content flows and visual hierarchy is maintained and the design fails here.

I have made some adjustments, You can find theme here.. http://themescience.net/UPDATES/fixes/Envato/1.jpg http://themescience.net/UPDATES/fixes/Envato/2.jpg http://themescience.net/UPDATES/fixes/Envato/3.jpg

I only need to know which solution looks best!

If anyone can please help me in the right direction, it would be more than appreciated. Thanks

556 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
ThemeScience says

Here is the theme with Better Images.

http://adapt.themescience.net/
812 posts
  • Exclusive Author
iamthwee says

Okay, we’re getting there…

Let’s stick with the typography at the moment. The reviewer, is making a clear statement. Your font choice sucks… So the solution is simple… change it.

Choose two fonts at the max, keep it one size, no bold no italic, just two fonts and all the same size. This is a must so address this first.

556 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
ThemeScience says

Choose two fonts at the max, keep it one size, no bold no italic, just two fonts and all the same size. This is a must so address this first.

There are only two fonts.

1.) Headings = Google Fonts

2.) Main Body = “Lucida Grande” 13px/22px

The only time I made fonts any bigger than the main body are in the Shortcodes,and headings.

I don’t mind changing them all again, but do you really think they look that bad?

Do you think I should use a specialty font for the Main Body? or use something like Georgia?

Do you think I should choose a different Google font as well?

812 posts
  • Exclusive Author
iamthwee says

Your font choice does your theme no favours.

Best go with tried and tested… Arial for the main, or google’s ‘droid sans.’

Pick a good font for the header… Maybe ‘droid serif’ or something similar.

The shiny effect on your buttons look outdated too. What I’m saying is, your theme functions well, had a quick browse of your source code and it looks well coded too, everything is indented well. IMO all you need to do is draft a ‘DESIGNER’ someone familiar with creating good photoshop graphics and this one is a guaranteed seller.

You can see the reviewer is struggling to get this one approved. It seems like the technical side is all there, and it functions well as a responsive theme. It’s the design which is very much lacking…

I’d love to help you get this one approved… It would be a shame to miss out…

But first address the choice of font for your body and header tags… Then we can tackle each of the reviewer’s issues one by one.

556 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
ThemeScience says

Your font choice does your theme no favours.

Best go with tried and tested… Arial for the main, or google’s ‘droid sans.’

Pick a good font for the header… Maybe ‘droid serif’ or something similar.

The shiny effect on your buttons look outdated too. What I’m saying is, your theme functions well, had a quick browse of your source code and it looks well coded too, everything is indented well. IMO all you need to do is draft a ‘DESIGNER’ someone familiar with creating good photoshop graphics and this one is a guaranteed seller.

You can see the reviewer is struggling to get this one approved. It seems like the technical side is all there, and it functions well as a responsive theme. It’s the design which is very much lacking…

I’d love to help you get this one approved… It would be a shame to miss out…

But first address the choice of font for your body and header tags… Then we can tackle each of the reviewer’s issues one by one.

I really really really appreciate the fact that you are willing to help me with this.

It’s good to hear positive things about this , since i spent what it feels eternity trying to make it perfect.

I will do the things you suggested ,and respond back within the next couple hours.

Much Thanks for your help so far.

556 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
ThemeScience says

Best go with tried and tested… Arial for the main, or google’s ‘droid sans.’ Pick a good font for the header… Maybe ‘droid serif’ or something similar.
Ok I changed the Fonts.. http://adapt.themescience.net/index.html

I am now working on the Buttons.. But let me know what you think! Thanks Roger

by
by
by
by
by
by