242 posts I make pretty things.
  • Trendsetter
  • Weekly Top Seller
  • Elite Author
  • Author Level 9
+6 more
guuthemes
says

Sounds like a plan! Good luck with the amends.

8 posts
  • 4 Years of Membership
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
Zayelion
says

needs more spacing in the vertical sense.

268 posts
  • 3 Years of Membership
  • Author Level 3
  • Blog Interview
  • Exclusive Author
+1 more
beetlesales
says

Your main concern should be spacing, color usage and the size of elements. I really don’t know why you’re focusing entirely on the font…

33 posts
  • 4 Years of Membership
  • Collector Level 1
  • Exclusive Author
  • Italy
Nemo1
says

Your main concern should be spacing, color usage and the size of elements. I really don’t know why you’re focusing entirely on the font…

I won’t, don’r worry! I’m reading some interesting articles about spacing on alistapart and webdesigntuts. It’s a hard concept to master. I’m confidering buying the book by Emil Ruder “Typography – a Book of Design”, since it looks like there are some good practices about spacing!

Cheers

33 posts
  • 4 Years of Membership
  • Collector Level 1
  • Exclusive Author
  • Italy
Nemo1
says

Uhm, I was wondering… is there something like a baseline grid/overlaying stuff to better place text according to a precise leading? i googled for it but had no luck.

268 posts
  • 3 Years of Membership
  • Author Level 3
  • Blog Interview
  • Exclusive Author
+1 more
beetlesales
says

Uhm, I was wondering… is there something like a baseline grid/overlaying stuff to better place text according to a precise leading? i googled for it but had no luck.

Mastering typography and layout concepts takes time and experience.. There’s no true way to learn how to build the perfect theme by reading books. Web design is a “skill” which is not mastered by a book. A book will make you knowledgeable, but it can’t guarantee your skill will improve.

33 posts
  • 4 Years of Membership
  • Collector Level 1
  • Exclusive Author
  • Italy
Nemo1
says

Mastering typography and layout concepts takes time and experience.. There’s no true way to learn how to build the perfect theme by reading books. Web design is a “skill” which is not mastered by a book. A book will make you knowledgeable, but it can’t guarantee your skill will improve.

Of course, i’ll have to practice a lot. I guess that’s the key

33 posts
  • 4 Years of Membership
  • Collector Level 1
  • Exclusive Author
  • Italy
Nemo1
says

Ok, in the end i decided to go from scratch.

Here is the result:

Pulsar v2

What do you think? I guess it’s better than the previous layout… but i also feel it’s missing something.

Cheers

33 posts
  • 4 Years of Membership
  • Collector Level 1
  • Exclusive Author
  • Italy
Nemo1
says

Up

Cm on! Anybody who tells me if this is better? :) No problem if it’s not, i’ll try harder

1899 posts Multimedia Artistry
  • Elite Author
  • 4 Years of Membership
  • Freebie
  • Most Wanted Winner
+4 more
dnp_theme
says

You design is still not there yet. Some would say drop Lobster font, I say check your color contrasts and graphics shapes. Generally blocks need a bit more spacing. Check my templates to understand what I mean.

by
by
by
by
by
by