294 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+4 more
PixeledArt says

I’ve been working on this design for the past 10-15 hours :O I done now. And I intend to put t o put up th PSD for sale,

Homepage

Feedback is much appreciated.

BTW - Can anyone send me a link to where they learn HTML /CSS? I wanna learn it? Thank in advance :)

49 posts
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
Anthonyash says

I don’t think you can “learn” HTML /CSS perse. It’s just something you have to study and pick up on your own. I learned it by looking at other layouts and seeing which codes did what and so on.

294 posts
+4 more
PixeledArt says
I don’t think you can “learn” HTML /CSS perse. It’s just something you have to study and pick up on your own. I learned it by looking at other layouts and seeing which codes did what and so on.

I understand what you are trying to say. But I have a little knowledge of HTML and I often find myself using bad practices that are not compatible cross-browsers.

123 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
adam_robinson says

if your starting from scratch with CSS i’d suggest ‘CSS Mastery: Advanced Web Standards Solutions’ book. its a really good concise book that helped me in the early days.

Some people learn better from books…others from the web. I find a book on the subject is a good place to start, and then use the web to improve/update your knowledge.

1341 posts
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
+6 more
fuelthemes says

The concept is nice but nothing is in line. Thats why some elements look out of place.

252 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+5 more
der says

I really like the concept. There are some line height and contrast issues with the design, as can be seen in the navigation items in the header, and on the footer, the gray text doesn’t contrast too well with the green background.

For the layout, try to make things as aligned as possible. There’s a Framework called the 960 Grid System, which can help you do such layout arrangements.

The separators you used below the footer headings are the same as the ones in the list item headings. To make it more aesthetically pleasant, try to throw a little different design on the footer heading separators.

As people are saying, it’s very important for you to know HTML /CSS when designing, because you know what’s possible and what can you do with padding, borders, etc. I recommend buying the Lynda.com training videos, which are a good start into coding.

Go grab a copy of the HTML Video training and the CSS video training at Lynda.com.

After you’ve got the basics with the videos, I recommend reading Sexy Web Design by Elliot Jay Stocks. Also, The best resource to learn web technologies: W3Schools.

294 posts
+4 more
PixeledArt says

@der

@turkhitbox

@adam_robinson

@Anthonyash

Thank you for all your help. Thanks :)

157 posts
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in Egypt
+1 more
MahmoudDeiab says

You can get video tutorials from here :

Lynda.com, http://www.lynda.com

Hope it helps :)

2 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
Markol says

www.w3schools.com has all you need. You can learn HTML and CSS but there is nothing like honing your skills doing real work.

Mark

3228 posts
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
+1 more
organicbee says

www.w3schools.com has all you need. You can learn HTML and CSS but there is nothing like honing your skills doing real work. Mark

this is a two year old thread, and http://w3fools.com/

by
by
by
by
by
by