This is a template for a personal site (not for themeforest).
Everything is a placeholder (including the super lame logo lol).
Critique me harshly I have been staring at this for too long and I feel like I need a 2nd opinion.
It will all be dynamic so I am not concerned about blocks lining up horizontally.. columns will change in height depending on content (I hope that makes sense)
FYI , this site will be my site’s competition: http://islandhorses.com/
- Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
- Has been a member for 5-6 years
- Referred between 50 and 99 users
- Bought between 10 and 49 items
- Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
- Author has had an Item Featured
- Exclusive Author
- United States
Okay, you won. lol the “competition” site is ugly. I got scared and closed the window. hehe
Hi! Here goes my opinion:
First I really like the colors, a really good looking and elegant combination you got here. And the type is also a nice choice.
But I think there is a couple of structural problems:
- At a first glance, the visitor might don’t get the “hierarchy” (I don’t you if you can use this term in english for web design) of the website. What I mean is that maybe you should think about the order of the most important elements (“Newest horses”, “Newest Marketplace listing”, etc…) and make them more visibe, creating a more interesting visual hierarchy.
- also some tagline or welcome text at the top
- maybe a footer with some extra options
But it looks very good and I’m sure you’re gonna win!
@davidsife thanks! I can see what you mean in terms of hierarchy
I was kind of thinking about perhaps moving online users/new users into a footer section since it is not really that important… and that would flesh out the footer area better.
The other thing I realized after I posted this… the newest horses/new marketplace ads should have a “view all” link at the bottom for consistency.